Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hi New Cali Owners

E

ElJenno

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi just a post to say hello introduce ourselves (Simon & Tracey) and also to say a big thank you. We live in Shropshire are recently the proud owners of a new Ocean 150 DSG, well an ex demo with 47miles on the clock so as good as new. The amount of info and help we have got from this forum has been amazing and really invaluable when choosing our Cali, the buying process (a mixed experience with VW North Wales) and also post purchase.
I originally bought and spec’d a new Transporter in 2017 and was using it for light work for 2-3 years while deciding which converter to use. However earlier this year I was involved in a crash and what was to be my pride and joy was written off. After adding loads of extras on when I bought it and in the process of choosing a converter I was naturally devastated. However somethings are maybe meant to be as after months of haggling with my insurance company over the payout (increased in increments over time by 10k from their original offer - pirates) and eventually getting a decent payout I decided to just go out and get a California. We had hired an Ocean back in March and I was impressed with the VW build and factory fit options in addition to the extra space you seemed to get. I also looked at prices of buying a new top end spec T6 and having it converted, a second hand van wasn’t really an option as they just aren’t about with the spec I wanted. Anyway the price of buying one and having it converted was at least as much if not more than a new Cali so that made the decision an easy one. We were also lucky enough to find an ex demo one with the majority of the things on we wanted as well.
Anyway we are chuffed to bits with our new Cali (no name yet ) and are just getting to grips with everything. We’ve spent the the odd night in it over the last two weeks but are taking it to Anglesey tomorrow for a couple of nights and a proper run out. We’ve not bought many extras yet as having taken advice from people on here we thought we’d use it first and find out what we really need....but currently on the possible shopping list are a mattress/topper, brandrup iso top and solar panels.
Anyway looking forward to many years of new adventures, and a big thumbs up again for this forum and all the useful info you’ve all posted
Thanks, Simon & Tracey

E0D77D78-F0E7-4DB8-B35F-1C9C32A764CC.jpeg

95A611E1-9F73-46D6-892B-18C5CBA7C138.jpeg

2E18AAA0-FDD9-4C7A-97CB-93CC13B2A375.jpeg

A53F5F4D-4076-451C-9FAB-97FCABF3B53A.jpeg

Hi just a post to say hello introduce ourselves (Simon & Tracey) and also to say a big thank you. We live in Shropshire are recently the proud owners of a new Ocean 150 DSG, well an ex demo with 47miles on the clock so as good as new. The amount of info and help we have got from this forum has been amazing and really invaluable when choosing our Cali, the buying process (a mixed experience with VW North Wales) and also post purchase.
I originally bought and spec’d a new Transporter in 2017 and was using it for light work for 2-3 years while deciding which converter to use. However earlier this year I was involved in a crash and what was to be my pride and joy was written off. After adding loads of extras on when I bought it and in the process of choosing a converter I was naturally devastated. However somethings are maybe meant to be as after months of haggling with my insurance company over the payout (increased in increments over time by 10k from their original offer - pirates) and eventually getting a decent payout I decided to just go out and get a California. We had hired an Ocean back in March and I was impressed with the VW build and factory fit options in addition to the extra space you seemed to get. I also looked at prices of buying a new top end spec T6 and having it converted, a second hand van wasn’t really an option as they just aren’t about with the spec I wanted. Anyway the price of buying one and having it converted was at least as much if not more than a new Cali so that made the decision an easy one. We were also lucky enough to find an ex demo one with the majority of the things on we wanted as well.
Anyway we are chuffed to bits with our new Cali (no name yet ) and are just getting to grips with everything. We’ve spent the the odd night in it over the last two weeks but are taking it to Anglesey tomorrow for a couple of nights and a proper run out. We’ve not bought many extras yet as having taken advice from people on here we thought we’d use it first and find out what we really need....but currently on the possible shopping list are a mattress/topper, brandrup iso top and solar panels.
Anyway looking forward to many years of new adventures, and a big thumbs up again for this forum and all the useful info you’ve all posted
Thanks, Simon & Tracey

View attachment 52193

View attachment 52194

View attachment 52195

View attachment 52196
very nice. is it starlight blue or black?

Thanks, Simon & Tracey

View attachment 52193

View attachment 52194

View attachment 52195

View attachment 52196
Proper lovely! Enjoy!!.I am always about N Wales so maybe we will cross paths :)

Thanks, Simon & Tracey

View attachment 52193

View attachment 52194

View attachment 52195

View attachment 52196
Twins!! We picked up ours last SaturdayIMG_6119.JPG

very nice. is it starlight blue or black?
Starlight Blue, I’d have probably gone for Indium grey if I’d been choosing the build from new. That said it’s defo grown on me and now I’m glad I went for it