Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hi there all

Toffeeman1

Toffeeman1

Vehicle
Looking to buy
We're sold on the idea of an Ocean and starting some new adventures (again) having abandoned caravanning a few years ago. Looking forward to getting all or most of my questions answered by searching the forum and picking everyone's brains. I'm trying to avoid getting hung up on the roof corrosion issue (any further news?) and accentuating the positives of this great vehicle.

Welcome , you could get a toffee-brown Cali , i belive that color exists .
Don't worry about the roof corrosion , you will have it once you own a Cali .
If you have a weekend off , get some popcorn and a comfy seat and read the whole topic on it and you'l feel much better knowing you are not allone.

Welcome! I am sure you get almost every question asked here and also answerded with different point of views! Best is to try out (the California not the corrosion issue) and get VIP to download lots of lists for handover and further on!
Happy reading!

Welcome! I am sure you get almost every question asked here and also answerded with different point of views! Best is to try out (the California not the corrosion issue) and get VIP to download lots of lists for handover and further on!
Happy reading!

welcome to the forum roof corrosion does not effect all vans

:welcome

We were considering joining the world of California ownership and I too had a whole bunch of questions; all of which were answered by the friendly folks on these forums; we've now moved beyond the "looking to buy" phase and we placed our order for a new Cali Ocean last week :thumb.

Prior to this I had visited my local dealer a few times, done a lot of back and forth with them on the spec I wanted and asked the dealer lots of questions but you can't beat getting answers from people who actually live with the Cali day-to-day ;)

:welcome

We were considering joining the world of California ownership and I too had a whole bunch of questions; all of which were answered by the friendly folks on these forums; we've now moved beyond the "looking to buy" phase and we placed our order for a new Cali Ocean last week :thumb.

Prior to this I had visited my local dealer a few times, done a lot of back and forth with them on the spec I wanted and asked the dealer lots of questions but you can't beat getting answers from people who actually live with the Cali day-to-day ;)

Thanks for that reply and info. What timeframe did you get off the dealer for delivery and also did you add many factory or dealer options at time of ordering?

We placed our order last week, the dealer explained that the VW factory for Cali's is now on a "production break" so no more MY18's will be made; our order will sit with VW until August which is when the MY19 production schedule is worked out; it is at that point that a build week will be allocated to us which could be anything from 2 to 6 months from then; delivery from the factory to the dealer can take around 6 weeks and given the "dealer" options we've gone for it could be a week or two after than before we can collect.

So, based on the above, we could take delivery as early as November time or as late at March next year but as I said above, we won't find out until some time in August.

As for options, we've got 26 factory options and 7 dealer options from the VW catalogue plus 2 additional non-catalogue options.