Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hi

Michael&Louise

Michael&Louise

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Just ordered our first California Ocean , 30year edition, should get it around October, we are complete newbys in our 50s. Between us we have been camping 100’s of times and now all the 5 kids can look after their own holiday arrangements it time for us to have some fun. So lots of spontaneous weekend away and trips into Europe ahead of us. We have been to quite a few vdub fests and can’t wait to be in our own vw rather than a tent.
So now we need to know everything..... from what we need to equip our travels with to where to go, we are in Preston, which is ideal for the Lakes or anywhere really. Off to another vw weekend in Leeds next week so we can start to buy bits... very excited and totally calm about being new to it all

Welcome, and congratulations with your soon to come new arrival.
What equipement? The same as you would need with your tent, except for a fridge, gas cooker, tables, chairs, mattressess, ... all that is stowed away in the van.
If you are that unsure, try a couple of weekends first, so you can get to know the vehicle. That way you can trial and error with all the unnecessary stuff you take with you the first time.

Oh, don't forget to share with us the beautifull new van!

Can’t wait to upload pic’s I hope brexit doesn’t throw a spanner into the works.....

Can’t wait to upload pic’s I hope brexit doesn’t throw a spanner into the works.....
Did you get the brexit letter of the dealers, it’s a bit daunting but there just making sure your aware it may change the price ..hopefully not

Hi and welcome!
Hope you get your van as planned/promised and wish you some great adventures!

Did you get the brexit letter of the dealers, it’s a bit daunting but there just making sure your aware it may change the price ..hopefully not
That would be rather underhanded. You bought your van on a stated price at a certain day? They must offer you your van at the stated price. Otherwise you would not have bought it in the first place.
Just like the fuel prices. They buy fuel at a certain price. Then there is a price raise, but the fuel they bought at that lower price, they will up the price too?

That would be rather underhanded. You bought your van on a stated price at a certain day? They must offer you your van at the stated price. Otherwise you would not have bought it in the first place.
Just like the fuel prices. They buy fuel at a certain price. Then there is a price raise, but the fuel they bought at that lower price, they will up the price too?
Yeah I know that but it’s not the way it works..no deal could mean bigger duties bringing it in.

you get the option to cancel and get back your deposit that’s the only alternative..

Yeah I know that but it’s not the way it works..no deal could mean bigger duties bringing it in.

you get the option to cancel and get back your deposit that’s the only alternative..
When I ordered my new Ocean yesterday, I was not given a letter re Brexit, but I had it written on the order that the deposit would be fully refundable should the quoted 'On The Road' price increase due to Brexit. From googling VW Brexit, it seems that back in February VW said that orders in place in February (before original Brexit date of 31 March) would not be subject to an increase, So I think the same would probably apply now as we are just under 3 months away from 31 October. Obviously any import duty increase will be added after Brexit. The dealer I ordered from had had no briefing from VW on what would happen to current orders if a No deal Brexit occurred.

Maybe it’s a dealership thing.....
Did you still get the loyalty discount or did you not already own a commercial vw

Maybe it’s a dealership thing.....
Did you still get the loyalty discount or did you not already own a commercial vw
The loyalty discount scheme has finished. The current deal which is available to anybody is VW contribution of £2250 for cash purchase and two free services or £2750 for purchase on PCP or HP and two free services. Plus whatever discount you negotiate with the dealer on top of that. So big discounts are available on the current T6 for factory orders.

We got 2 free services and a dealer contribution of £4333 and manufacturer retail reg bonus of £2700... I was quite pleased to get 7k off