Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hiring a Cali in Yorkshire

R

redrighthand

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi all, we’re thinking of buying a Cali before sales come to an end (hoping to see another discount like the Happy Camper one appear!) but would really like to try a T6.1 Cali for a weekend to make sure it would work for us. Does anyone know anywhere in Leeds or Yorkshire you can rent these? I’ve found plenty of conversions, but no Calis, which is ideally what we’d want to try.

Have you looked at “try before you buy” scheme from VW Commercial Vehicles? I did that (not in your part of the world though) and as I recall they had options across the country. Even in the far north, where there be dragons.

There's a hire firm in Wetherby, listed under the Hire section - https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/pages/hire/ also worth googling Easy Campervan Hire, they've got a site near you and were quite cheap when I did a try before you buy a few years ago

Liberty campers in ilkley have a t6.1 coast for hire.

I hired from Nick in Wetherby before we bought our Ocean. He has brand new vans and they come fully equipped (which I found really useful to decide what essential kit we needed to buy before the van arrived). He was also very helpful with advice on purchasing Californias as he has bought them regularly. If you do hire from him say hi from me!

We hired one from Nick too before we bought ours. Was a great experience. Just leave your car at his house, take the nearly new California then once done drop off and that’s it. It cost around £350 for 2 nights if I remember

We also hired from Nick. Really helpful guy. This is his website:
vwcaliforniahire.co.uk

Thanks everyone - I will give Nick a try!

Back