Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hirsthals Kristiansand Fjordcat 195sm ferry.

Sp0_0k

Sp0_0k

Vehicle
T6 Beach 4Motion
Spent tons of time looking for info if a cali will fit to this great fast ferry. Not only there is ~50euro difference with next 2.20 category but way less spots for bigger vehicles making the booking more complicated.
So I have measured my cali with awning at around 198. And even made a trip last year in higher category.
1) awning does add a bit of hight. Ended up removing it and gained about 1-1.5sm clearence.
2) loaded vehicle gets down significantly. Even 3sm.
3) ended up with 194,5 measerement at highest spot. With no awning and heavily loaded and fueled beach.

Though as I have expected the tolerance is way greater. Lots of calis go to lowest category. I would say even 199 might go in no problem. They check the height on loading if suspect vehicle too high. But do very unprecisely i suppose just checking if it is below 2 meters.

So guys this 195 ferry gets calis no problem. Always make measurements yourself but not a big worry if below 198.

I am happy I didnt have to play with tyres preassure at 4 am when we arrived.

Why not take the ferry hirtshals langesund, car up to 220cm and cheaper.
www.fjordline.com
1) don't want to skip the South of Norway. We have lots of favourite places starting down from Kristiansand.
2) this is a unique fjordcat ferry that goes very fast and very stable. So way less problems for people with sea sickness.
3) easier with a dog. They allow dogs on a deck though leaving them in a car for just 2 hours isn't a trouble as well.

There are 2 to Kristiansand. Frordline's fjordcat and Colorline.
It runs 3,5 hours compared to 2h fjordcat and even I almost got seasick on it. It is more expensive as well.
Just sharing info. Not forcing anybody to take fjordcat.
When booking in advance it cost around 70 euros ;)