Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hitch Mount

Folke Nørgaard

Folke Nørgaard

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi there,
Would any of you know where to buy a Hitch mount kit for California T6?

Thanks Folke

Do you mean a Towbar?

Westfalia are pretty common for the VWs
you can get a fixed one which are slightly cheaper
or a removable one check these out.

Do you mean a Towbar?

Hi Westfalia, I got the Towbar but would like the US one believe it's called Hitch.... Would like to use Thule US bike carrier since they have some cool features. Will try to contact Westfalia. Thanks Folke

Screenshot 2019-07-29 at 20.28.39.png

Ahhh, I'm not familiar with that kinda stuff that those dudes do
across the pond.

Do thule do a different version then? Have you any pics.

Like the tire attachment and the swing out model. They are not legal in EU since they have no plate and lightbar but that's an easy fix. And if you need the towbar feature you just plug it into the hitch... Really cool.

Screenshot 2019-07-29 at 20.49.18.png

Screenshot 2019-07-29 at 20.49.50.png

Hi there,
Would any of you know where to buy a Hitch mount kit for California T6?

Thanks Folke
I’ve lived in the USA and their ‘receivers’ are a far superior system in my mind as they offer a great deal of flexibility for pulling trailers and mounting bike or even motorbike carriers.

Are you in Denmark? Within the United Kingdom all vehicles with first registered on or after 01/08/1998 requires a type approved 94/20 EC

This site: https://www.firstfour.co.uk/shop/towing-jacking-recovery/receiver-hitches offers them for Land Rovers but says they’re not legal for vehicles newer than 1998.

Let us know if you find a way to do it please.

I’ve lived in the USA and their ‘receivers’ are a far superior system in my mind as they offer a great deal of flexibility for pulling trailers and mounting bike or even motorbike carriers.

Are you in Denmark? Within the United Kingdom all vehicles with first registered on or after 01/08/1998 requires a type approved 94/20 EC

This site: https://www.firstfour.co.uk/shop/towing-jacking-recovery/receiver-hitches offers them for Land Rovers but says they’re not legal for vehicles newer than 1998.

Let us know if you find a way to do it please.
Not legal for towing but okay for accessories. I fitted one to my Touareg for offroad recovery and a step to get up to the roof tent.

Back