Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hola from Costa Brava Spain

Swiftz

Swiftz

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
So me and my hubby John have always been an advocate of 'bangernomics' buying high mileage VW, Audi cars but after a balloon ride last year we were sitting next to a guy who was the area sales manager for VW in Spain. Sadly for him, he dropped into conversation that he had a Cali outside. I snatched the keys from him and went out for an exploration. To say the guy was enthusiastic was an understatement but he had us hooked. Looking for used vehicles here in Spain is a nightmare.. high mileage, even higher price so off to VW Girona we did go and now we are the very smug owners of a shiny Cali Beach with all the toys you can imagine for outdoor living in Europe. The shopping list still not complete.. Currently traveling in NW Spain to see Guns n Roses in Bilbao tomorrow and a number of music festivals over the coming months. We're done with hotels and work.
Don't you just love it when people want to look at your pride and joy :happy
We'd like love to meet up with other Cali owners near us.

So me and my hubby John have always been an advocate of 'bangernomics' buying high mileage VW, Audi cars but after a balloon ride last year we were sitting next to a guy who was the area sales manager for VW in Spain. Sadly for him, he dropped into conversation that he had a Cali outside. I snatched the keys from him and went out for an exploration. To say the guy was enthusiastic was an understatement but he had us hooked. Looking for used vehicles here in Spain is a nightmare.. high mileage, even higher price so off to VW Girona we did go and now we are the very smug owners of a shiny Cali Beach with all the toys you can imagine for outdoor living in Europe. The shopping list still not complete.. Currently traveling in NW Spain to see Guns n Roses in Bilbao tomorrow and a number of music festivals over the coming months. We're done with hotels and work.
Don't you just love it when people want to look at your pride and joy :happy
We'd like love to meet up with other Cali owners near us.
Nice one, have fun and when I am next in Spain in my Cali I will drop you a line.

Welcome on board.

:welcome
We're also "done with hotels and work" (well as near as.....):)

Sorry about off topic. We plan a long trip to Spain this year. Is wild camping tolerated in Spain? I mean simply stopping somewhere far from any homes, when it is getting dark, sleep over and pack in the morning.
I've read that Spain is crazy about wild camping and you ca get into serious trouble trying to stay outside the camping. Any input on that? Thanks ;)

Sorry about off topic. We plan a long trip to Spain this year. Is wild camping tolerated in Spain? I mean simply stopping somewhere far from any homes, when it is getting dark, sleep over and pack in the morning.
I've read that Spain is crazy about wild camping and you ca get into serious trouble trying to stay outside the camping. Any input on that? Thanks ;)

Look at the ioverlander app and website which does show very few wild camping sites compared to the rest of Europe for example, which highlights the issue. Toleration of WC varies from region to region.

The best advice is to keep a low profile, don't look permanent, be sensible just The way you've described it. It's probably tolerated more during winter months. Personally there's a safety issue for us but we have done WC in France using ioverlander, and they even signpost the WC sites.

Have a look at other websites such as parkinmygarden, Francepassiin.com. These are all very small areas given up by homeowners and artisans.

I've gone on a bit but hope this helps?

Back