Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Honest John 2018 Ocean review

Loved it. I've never heard of Honest John reviews before and found myself with a grin watching it.

Good review- interesting comparison with Marco Polo (not that I agree as Cali is miles better).

I'd looked around for over 2 months before selecting my 2017 150 dsg ocean.

I had looked at a few Marco's too. Whilst I did like the Marco trim, In the end I opted for the VW because it has such a good following and yes...the £values do hold up well.

Having had the Ocean for getting towards 2 months, I absolutely love it.

I was a bit surprised when he said it was noisy. And the rattle sounds like the cooker lid not closed properly.

We all know the MP is a better van.... in some ways! ;)

I love it when a reviewer fails to prepare the vehicle properly then blames the vehicle.

Any Cali owner would recognise that rattle, sink, table or fridge lid, either way not stowed properly. User error.

I love it when a reviewer fails to prepare the vehicle properly then blames the vehicle.

Any Cali owner would recognise that rattle, sink, table or fridge lid, either way not stowed properly. User error.
I'd prefer my expensive camper van not to have any rattles, to be honest.

So it should. However if the table is not stowed away, or the lid not closed properly you really cannot blame the vehicle for that. Throw a bag of spanners in the back of a roller and it would have rattles unless you stowed them properly :D

Latest news form press sources CAP values (as though we didn't know already)
Owners of Volkswagen California camper vans are sitting pretty after data from automotive experts reveals that the vehicles are experiencing very little depreciation, making them a much sought after investment for motorists who love life on the road.
Would rather read good news than moans :Iamsorry

I think I would prefer the numpty videoing such a review to have a passing knowledge of how to use and operate such a vehicle.:mad:

So it should. However if the table is not stowed away, or the lid not closed properly you really cannot blame the vehicle for that. Throw a bag of spanners in the back of a roller and it would have rattles unless you stowed them properly :D

The first couple of times out with the van drove me nuts as I couldn't find where the bloody rattling was coming from - it turned out I hadn't known the 'secret handshake' method of stowing the table.

Okay it's just a minor design blooper, and the Cali is a nicely designed vehicle overall, but it's not perfect.

The first couple of times out with the van drove me nuts as I couldn't find where the bloody rattling was coming from - it turned out I hadn't known the 'secret handshake' method of stowing the table.

Okay it's just a minor design blooper, and the Cali is a nicely designed vehicle overall, but it's not perfect.
I think that's the biggest thing to recognise, "it's not perfect". I know a few Alfa Romeo enthusiasts that claim "Its not an Alfa if it doesn't rattle & squeak!"

I know a few Alfa Romeo enthusiasts that claim "Its not an Alfa if it doesn't rattle & squeak!"
As an Alfa 159 owner....I only worry when the rattle stops...……..

Back