Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hook Up Cable and Rollacord

BillyCasper

BillyCasper

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I give up. Tied my self in knots too many times.

How do you wind a new cable on to a Rollacord?

I assume you push one plug from the inside of the reel and then try to wind the cable on. I tried that, different ends and then tried to wind. Got into a right tangle.

Push a pug through, which end, at the start, at the end, wind clockwise, anti-clockwise or forget it?

25m - longer and heavier than I expected.

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Never a good idea to roll a electric cable on a cable roller....
Buy a good flexible cable and roll it up by hand.

Never a good idea to roll a electric cable on a cable roller....
Buy a good flexible cable and roll it up by hand.
I don't think there is any problem using a cable reel to roll a hook up lead onto. The most important thing to remember is to unwind the whole cable when you plug it in as a coiled cable will use more power and can potentially heat up to a dangerous level. 25m cables are quite heavy and unwieldy. Personally I carry 2 x 10m cables. One is normally long enough, and I connect the 2 together when required. However I think some site do not allow this practice.

When I bought my Mazda Bongo I bought so much 'essential' stuff that turned out to be expensive, useless, junk, that I in turn sold. I promised myself not to do this with my California. I think that I've started already. Unfortunately, when I sold my Bongo the useful stuff also went with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't think there is any problem using a cable reel to roll a hook up lead onto. The most important thing to remember is to unwind the whole cable when you plug it in as a coiled cable will use more power and can potentially heat up to a dangerous level. 25m cables are quite heavy and unwieldy. Personally I carry 2 x 10m cables. One is normally long enough, and I connect the 2 together when required. However I think some site do not allow this practice.

Very good sound advice especially unwinding whole length. This is why I went the 10M route.
Why wouls a campsite not like you joining 2 X 10M?

I do the same with a 10m and a 15m, never used anything but the 10m so far.

..me..