Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hooray! Wild camping in the UK now permitted

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, you have also to have the intention of reducing the risk of spreading the virus. Like by... I dunno... driving 250 miles from an area of high infection to an area of low infection, with a symptomatic person in the van.

I just saw the press briefing too. Surreal just doesn't begin to cover it.

I was planning where I could go tomorrow... picking up the new Eriba is 267miles... grrr
But the ferry terminal at Newcastle is 256miles... Decisions decisions...
(And whilst I’m being sarcastic, I at no point want to diminish the stress and uncertainty of parents or families trying to cope with CV in their family - I hope people are well, stay safe and act with common sense)

Brilliant. I too am off wild camping next weekend. And I'll wait with eager anticipation for the first policeman to come and try to move me along. I will NOT move!!

Is this all a cover for to slip through some really unpleasant legislation, let’s say, ID cards in the form of a track and tracing app to control us for nefarious purposes in the future ..

Mr Comeandgoasyoupleaseings is orchestrating the whole thing for his own , govt. ends. Wild camping is defiantly on the cards now, thanks Dom

Back under my stone ......

Is this all a cover for to slip through some really unpleasant legislation, let’s say, ID cards in the form of a track and tracing app to control us for nefarious purposes in the future ..

Mr Comeandgoasyoupleaseings is orchestrating the whole thing for his own , govt. ends. Wild camping is defiantly on the cards now, thanks Dom

Back under my stone ......
I lived in Norway for 10 years. Have absolutely no problem with ID cards when used correctly... it made many things simpler...
This (in my view) is different, but appreciate others may disagree.

Yep bring a 4 year old and if challenged say ‘well its my instinct’ what a disgrace, never thought I would witness suchlike here, banana tepublic, What a kick in the teeth for those who missed funerals and the last moments of their loved ones, appalled.

I lived in Norway for 10 years. Have absolutely no problem with ID cards when used correctly... it made many things simpler...
This (in my view) is different, but appreciate others may disagree.
Agree as I have no problem with an ID Card.
Had a few over the years during my work activity.

Yep bring a 4 year old and if challenged say ‘well its my instinct’ what a disgrace, never thought I would witness suchlike here, banana tepublic, What a kick in the teeth for those who missed funerals and the last moments of their loved ones, appalled.
I was hoping to beable to go and support my octagenarian parents in Shropshire. For some reason they have been neglected from the ‘vulnerable’ list and still having to shop for themselves... I wanted to camp on the driveway with the dogs (as I usually do, as they don’t want the dogs in the house), but not go into the house, but do shopping and go for walks (socially distancing) in the local lanes. I haven’t been able to. It’s heart breaking. I’ve sent them knitted hearts as I fear I won’t see them again.
So I can understand DC being protective of his child. Totally. But, when Bojo says it’s ok to flout the lock down, I find I have lost all credibility in the governments approach.
I live alone. I have been spending hours some days talking to single friends around the world, who are struggling and desperate for human contact (verbal as well as physical).
Again, this is personal, and others will disagree.

This should be a forum for the good things in life, like enjoying the outdoor life in our campervans. But along comes a virus that is not nice but what is worse is the cover it provides for a rotten government we have and what they are doing to us (not them). Wongo's post above is about right. Mr Johnson and his corrupt henchmen will come to regret this decision one day, very soon I hope. This government presents on some of the most undesirable traits in humankind - cowardice, lies, deceit, self interest. Are there shades of Germany in the early 1930's stating to appear?

This should be a forum for the good things in life, like enjoying the outdoor life in our campervans. But along comes a virus that is not nice but what is worse is the cover it provides for a rotten government we have and what they are doing to us (not them). Wongo's post above is about right. Mr Johnson and his corrupt henchmen will come to regret this decision one day, very soon I hope. This government presents on some of the most undesirable traits in humankind - cowardice, lies, deceit, self interest. Are there shades of Germany in the early 1930's stating to appear?
Having just been rebuked on another thread for ‘calling’ the Government I hesitate to write this......but not for long....

(Dave, I’ll never compare anything to 1930’s Germany, just too awful for comparison.)

But the rest of your post I agree with, and several of the preceding ones. An awful bunch of lying, self-serving, low calibre individuals.
The contempt shown here, when others have not been able to support nor grieve loved ones because of lockdown.
I really don’t understand how anyone can still support this Government, although there are several people who have been vocal in their support on other threads.
Would be genuinely interested to hear the logic......

I was hoping to beable to go and support my octagenarian parents in Shropshire. For some reason they have been neglected from the ‘vulnerable’ list and still having to shop for themselves... I wanted to camp on the driveway with the dogs (as I usually do, as they don’t want the dogs in the house), but not go into the house, but do shopping and go for walks (socially distancing) in the local lanes. I haven’t been able to. It’s heart breaking. I’ve sent them knitted hearts as I fear I won’t see them again.
So I can understand DC being protective of his child. Totally. But, when Bojo says it’s ok to flout the lock down, I find I have lost all credibility in the governments approach.
I live alone. I have been spending hours some days talking to single friends around the world, who are struggling and desperate for human contact (verbal as well as physical).
Again, this is personal, and others will disagree.

I feel for you Alison.

My parents too are octogenarians. 4 weeks ago mum went into hospital with a suspected stroke. No visitors. After 48hrs of tests TIAs diagnosed and sent home. Two days later went in again after an actual stroke, again visits limited (dad able to go in once or twice).

None of her four sons able to hug a confused old lady. Yet the Prime Minister declares clearly unlawful actions by his chief advisor lawful.

I feel for you Alison.

My parents too are octogenarians. 4 weeks ago mum went into hospital with a suspected stroke. No visitors. After 48hrs of tests TIAs diagnosed and sent home. Two days later went in again after an actual stroke, again visits limited (dad able to go in once or twice).

None of her four sons able to hug a confused old lady. Yet the Prime Minister declares clearly unlawful actions by his chief advisor lawful.
@Amarillo I’m very sorry to hear that. I’ve shed a tear reading it.
I hope you are all managing to keep well.

Having just been rebuked on another thread for ‘calling’ the Government I hesitate to write this......but not for long....

(Dave, I’ll never compare anything to 1930’s Germany, just too awful for comparison.)

But the rest of your post I agree with, and several of the preceding ones. An awful bunch of lying, self-serving, low calibre individuals.
The contempt shown here, when others have not been able to support nor grieve loved ones because of lockdown.
I really don’t understand how anyone can still support this Government, although there are several people who have been vocal in their support on other threads.
Would be genuinely interested to hear the logic......
Again, others may disagree.
I don’t feel this is necessary political and we should all place blame or defend based on our own political views.
Lock down would have occurred no matter which party was at the helm.
How individuals respond to that lock down is the question we are facing. Unfortunately, an individual who seems (in many people eyes) to have broken the advice if the government, is one who was leading the advice to that government.
That is not political. To me it is a simple matter of people losing confidence and the government losing credibility.
No matter which party. Or your occupation. Household circumstances, etc.
Lead by example.

I can understand how worrying and difficult it would be to look after a young child when both parents have maybe a rather nasty bout of covid. But come on Dominic cumwad travel 250 odd miles to flout the rules that all of us have followed what a k n o b cheese you are son

A friend emailed me earlier with something I never thought of....'perhaps Boris did this deliberately because he's had enough and wants out....'

As a family we have a pragmatic view on life. The thing that annoys mum most about death is the thought of not being able to see all her friends and family at her own wake.
And of course she wouldn’t see any of them at her own wake...
It’s more about us wanting to know we’ve done the right thing as per their wishes...
Tough times

Anyone care to post a link to the transcript, particularly the bit where is states wild camping is allowed?

What a self congratulating thread. Keep patting each other on the back if it makes you all feel better.
Hold on, I haven't seen my elderly mother for weeks, my mother in law couldn't attend her sisters funeral, yet this guy can do what he likes, tells a cock & bull story and gets the Prime Minister to turn a blind eye, its not self congratulations its real anger.

Anyone care to post a link to the transcript, particularly the bit where is states wild camping is allowed?
And it is because I take this matter so seriously and frankly it is so serious that I can tell you today I have had extensive face to face conversations with Dominic Cummings and I have concluded that in travelling to find the right kind of childcare, at the moment when both he and his wife were about to be incapacitated by coronavirus. And when he had no alternative, I think he followed the instincts of every father and every parent. And I do not mark him down for that. And though there have been many other allegations about what happened when he was in self-isolation and thereafter, some of them palpably false.
I believe that in every respect he has acted responsibly, and legally, and with integrity, and with the overwhelming aim of stopping the spread of the virus and saving lives.

What a self congratulating thread. Keep patting each other on the back if it makes you all feel better.
And yet again the self anointed one proclaims a thread dead when something is said You are a complete misery WelshGas, just trotting between threads
High IQ? Possibly, not sure.
Low EQ? Sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back