Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hot water system

google

Redring TAP1 Instant Electric Hot Water Tap [Energy Class A]

its £34 on amazon. Its 2.5kw which is pushing it a bit for campsites.
I cant find the ones we use - they are about £25 and last a couple of months when run probably 4 or so hours a day 6 days a week. I'm sure our usual ones are less than 2.5kw as we run them off small generators.

We do use them with one of these -

shopping
Thanks for the information, appreciate it. Yes, 2.5kw is let’s say going to blow a fuse on quite a few continental sites!
Well worth looking at though.

Kelly kettle? Those things are awesome.

Thanks very much for the heads up about that. I’m really looking for a unit of some description that is plumbed in, hidden away.
Ah, didn't read topic just saw the hot water. Good luck

What do you thing about this ?. This device is gas powered.
I think it's for someone who likes to camp wild.

What do you thing about this ?. This device is gas powered.
I think it's for someone who likes to camp wild.

Thanks for the heads up.
Sadly, ‘She who must be obeyed’ just can’t get along with the California (I love it) and so it is up for sale. I think it’s down to the fact we have owned quite a few Motorhomes with all the facilities and downsizing to a California was a step too far.
Again, thanks for the heads up. I appreciate it.

I hope the T7 will have hot water.

I always wonder, the shower, how long does it work before you run out of water when starting with a full water tank?

A pal bought a Cali that had an electric hot shower plumbed in the rear wardrobe.

Easy to do. Standard electric shower unit from B and Q hooked up to the fresh water tank. It would obvs only work on hook up.
10kw shower unit?

We have a hot water system in our conversion as per post 12. It is brilliant. With an extension it reaches into the shower tent, also used for in van washing up. Runs off gas and electric. We have a 30L water tank and have honed our showering so that we use a max of 10L per shower, my record is 5.IMG_20210428_172817_362_hdr.jpg

Back