Results are only viewable after voting.
larrylamb

larrylamb

Cali owner.
Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Carrying on from a recent thread on trade in values and new prices, how did you purchase your Cali?

PLEASE READ BEFORE VOTING

NOTE,
if finance was taken and then repaid straight away just to secure a better deal or incentive then vote for bought outright/cash.
If finance was taken , however small and not repaid immediately then please vote for whichever option you used.

Last edited:
Combination...
Sold my old vehicle, had some savings I didn’t mind dipping into and payed the balance with a zero rate credit card over two years.
Effectively borrowing £10k for free...;)

Combination...
Sold my old vehicle, had some savings I didn’t mind dipping into and payed the balance with a zero rate credit card over two years.
Effectively borrowing £10k for free...;)
So, credit card then? Interest free i know.

So, credit card then? Interest free i know.

Two debit cards and one credit.
Which they said I wasn’t able to do. But after talking to the branch manager it was agreed.
They really tried pushing the VW finance...

None of the above.

Mostly debit card and a bit on a credit card.

"Bought outright with no borrowing" is probably the best fit.

Perhaps some guidance is required for those who used some form of dealer finance knowing they would pay it off immediately (in order to get a better deal / free servicing etc).
I'd class those as cash buyers?

Presumably this only applies to new/from dealer - mine was second (third?) hand private sale

Presumably this only applies to new/from dealer - mine was second (third?) hand private sale

That’s where the really Intelligent thinking is...;)

Perhaps some guidance is required for those who used some form of dealer finance knowing they would pay it off immediately (in order to get a better deal / free servicing etc).
I'd class those as cash buyers?
I have edited initial post, hopefully this is clearer now.

That’s where the really Intelligent thinking is...;)
I’m not so sure....and haven’t made my mind up at all....trying to formulate an equation with following variables;
- buying at right time of season at healthy discount
- selling at right time of season at healthy profit(less loss?)
- Overcoming steepest part of depreciation curve....
- And then throw in the cost of buying the money....
And finally the “wtf, I couldn’t care less, I want it now” factor....

is anyone clever enough to work it out?
Not me!
:headbang

I had the money, so why should I get a loan?

Paid it in 3 times through bank transfer.

Hmm - I guess that there are many in between answers here - I've tagged VW finance. because that was what I did for 15 out of 50 grand . . . . but I guess we'll pay it off in the next month or so. The rest was cash (sale of horse box and stuff hidden under the sofa.

Back