Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How do I check for roof corrosion?

Lalala

Lalala

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
There are so many threads I don’t know where to start. We have a coming up to 5 year old T6 (jan 2016) which I believe went in for recall and had strip fitted . I would like to check for corrosion as going in for service and MoT. And if corrosion found am I still covered

IMO removing the rubber seal in this cold weather risks damaging the roof seal at the front corners, its best done in the summer when you can easily pull it down.

I have checked mine since the tape was added and it was fine.

There are so many threads I don’t know where to start. We have a coming up to 5 year old T6 (jan 2016) which I believe went in for recall and had strip fitted . I would like to check for corrosion as going in for service and MoT. And if corrosion found am I still covered
As far as I am aware you are only covered for 3 yrs from registration.
Only the T5 and T5.1 had an extended 6 Yr warranty on the front panel above the windscreen. The Alloy used for that panel was changed for the 2015MY .
The galvanic corrosion on the Elevating Roof is only covered for the 3 yrs as far as I am aware.

Visual check around the roof edge seal is all I do, bubbling paint will indicate corrosion problem.

I seem to remember that if you read the terms of your VW Extended Warrranty, it excludes extending the original Tree Year Paintwork Warranty.

Back