Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How do I dispose of a dead body?

V

Vagophile

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
O.K. So it's only a spider, but how did it get in there? More to the point, how do I get it out? The vehicle is a 2013 California SE and I am guessing that it has modded lights as it has LED DRLs and indicators. It may simple to deal with, but before I delve under the bonnet, I thought I'd tap the collective knowledge of the club.P3230075.JPG

20200323_182221.jpg
Seriously, without seeing the headlight it's difficult to say. If it were my car I'd try removing one of the headlight bulbs and poke a small diameter flexible pipe into the unit after first gaffer taping it to a vacuum cleaner nozzle.

Last edited:
apparently the best way to get rid of body bits is post them DHL -never seen again
As someone who works in this industry I’d ask you not to single out DHL, all of us are just as equally capable of losing your parcel, and if we don’t lose it we will certainly treat it with the upmost disrespect we can

In the past I’ve removed the headlight and bulbs then just shaken it to rid it of the foreign body, however, I will definitely be using Borris’ idea from now on.

O.K. So it's only a spider, but how did it get in there? More to the point, how do I get it out? The vehicle is a 2013 California SE and I am guessing that it has modded lights as it has LED DRLs and indicators. It may simple to deal with, but before I delve under the bonnet, I thought I'd tap the collective knowledge of the club.View attachment 56470
Sorry my garden is full and I cant afford to move again.

Is it wrong that people have actually even clicked on this thread :rolleyes: (including me).

Keep it as your mascot ;-)

Easy job really, take the engine and dashboard out and then just vacuum it up ;-)

With a bit of ingenuity some duck tape rolled back on itself (making it double sided) wrapped around the end of an old metal coat hanger fishing through the bulb access point could get it.....happy fishing!

You could follow this old ladies advice, but I fear after the bird there won’t be much room left for all the others.

Proper thought. If a vacuum does work, can you try blowing it out? Same process as the vac. Remove bulb and squirt compressed air in from can of compressed air. Could dislodge it and it gets blown out?

O.K. guys and gals, I listened and now I have acted. Mark Vw2017, even after I had removed the engine and dashboard, I was left with a spider behind the headlight glass, so no marks for you.
Borris, Perfectos and Matt BW suggested vacuum via a bulb hole. The nearest bulb was the indicator.
This is what I tried:
P3280082.JPG
P3280079.JPG
This is how far I got, even a little closer, but the vac was not strong enough. I don't have an air line and in any case, if you look carefully you will see that as the body is in a kind of recess, I didn't think that it would blow out, so no to Big Ted's suggestion.
That leaves the suggestion Kedaw made, a bit of sticky tape on a wire.
This is what I made up:P3280083.JPG
And this is how it worked:P3280080.JPG
And this is the end result:P3280081.JPG
Yey, only half a dessicated leg left. So take a bow Kedaw. Thanks to all for their suggestions. Now, any pig owners about?

Last edited:
Back