Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How do I turn down the stove

CYCLOPATH

CYCLOPATH

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I dont seem to be able to simmer on my van stove, It just gets to hot, and eaisily burns food even on lowest setting
Can I turn it down some how?is it adjusted wrong, or do I need different pans, my two are fairly cheap nonstick aluminium pans from Tesco .
I end up turning it off after a couple of mins, then back on after a bit, then off

I find this is a "feature" of camping types of stove. Maybe thicker bottomed pans and lots of stirring!

On mums net somebody got an engineer to adjust the burner on her gas stove to make it cooler...can we do that?
Don't know if that is possible. My flame goes very low as it is, any lower and the flame failure device would cut off the gas.
I think good quality cookware would be a better choice.

Don't know if that is possible. My flame goes very low as it is, any lower and the flame failure device would cut off the gas.
I think good quality cookware would be a better choice.
Not too large a diameter though!

Cookware helps. I used to have this problem on Simmer using a variety of lightweight camping pans but now have no burning problem with my ingenio set.

I agree that the cookware makes a big difference. We got some new, moderate quality stainless steel saucepans and have found them excellent. Yes, some foods will burn if not stirred, but it only happens if you let it dry out. And the pans clean fairly easily as well.

Cookware helps. I used to have this problem on Simmer using a variety of lightweight camping pans but now have no burning problem with my ingenio set.
Thanks.....I guess like you , I came from a world where every ounce counted, so chose light pans.
But now, considering I carry a few kilos of beer and wine, and 30 kg of water, 60 kg of gasoil, thén a light pan isn't really that important. I will experiment with my Le Cruset before buying one of those diffusers

I agree that the cookware makes a big difference. We got some new, moderate quality stainless steel saucepans and have found them excellent. Yes, some foods will burn if not stirred, but it only happens if you let it dry out. And the pans clean fairly easily as well.
Thanks DM, there does seem to be a consensus here.....I will take your advice

Reactions: DM
Back