Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How long does a build take?

Tricky74

Tricky74

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
At last we have a confirmed build date for an Ocean of March 2022!!!! But typically how long is the build time to delivery? I could ask VW but thought I’d canvas here first….
Thanks

At last we have a confirmed build date for an Ocean of March 2022!!!! But typically how long is the build time to delivery? I could ask VW but thought I’d canvas here first….
Thanks
somewhere roughly between 3 to 4 weeks

Thanks

Some info you may want to have safe to keep referring to :

Build status codes:

10 = Factory ordered with production week scheduled.
20 = Factory ordered production week confirmed.
30 = In transit from factory.
36 = Vehicle in port of exit – not released
38 = Vehicle in port of exit – released to shipping
39 = Vehicle on ship
40 = Vehicle arrival at UK port
60 = Dispatched to Dealer
70 = Vehicle arrived at Dealer

also this from vw chat about the process

A van can take 7 days to arrive at the Port of Exit from the Factory, it is approximately 14 days for a van to be loaded on to a boat. Once in the UK A van can wait for up to 7-10 days to be assigned to a transporter for delivery to the Dealer. The timescale for delivery is three to five working days. The vehicle is delivered to the Van Centre which carries out an inspection, checking oil levels, brake fluid/ They will then organise a convenient day for collection.

hope that helps

30 = In transit from factory.
36 = Vehicle in port of exit – not released
38 = Vehicle in port of exit – released to shipping
39 = Vehicle on ship
40 = Vehicle arrival at UK port
60 = Dispatched to Dealer
70 = Vehicle arrived at Deale
r

Are Hermes responsible for this part of the shipping then?

Ah, no can't be or there would be the time for it to return to factory as having been delivered damaged!

The code we got last Tuesday is 38 got very excited about this but since then poor Pat appears to be in self isolation at the port waiting for a ship.

Still at code 38 waiting for more updates don’t think we will get to collect our van till mid January allowing for all the bank holidays. The build went was very fast just slowed down when it got to the dock waiting for shipment.

Back