Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How long for delivery?

Gelato

Gelato

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Via VW 'Live Chat' our T6.1 has been built and awaiting shipping (not on a ship) yet, just wondered if anyone had any idea how long it might take for collection from the dealer, I know with these difficult times delays will be expected (4-6 weeks perhaps?). We are going away to Scotland (hopefully) with our Eriba for 3-4 weeks, at the moment we are intending to go with our Yeti as the tow car. Not sure I want to collect a T6.1 (our first California) and then shortly after that tow an Eriba up to Scotland from North Essex. See on the forum a few new owners have had 'teething' problems with their vehicles. We go away end of July?

Via VW 'Live Chat' our T6.1 has been built and awaiting shipping (not on a ship) yet, just wondered if anyone had any idea how long it might take for collection from the dealer, I know with these difficult times delays will be expected (4-6 weeks perhaps?). We are going away to Scotland (hopefully) with our Eriba for 3-4 weeks, at the moment we are intending to go with our Yeti as the tow car. Not sure I want to collect a T6.1 (our first California) and then shortly after that tow an Eriba up to Scotland from North Essex. See on the forum a few new owners have had 'teething' problems with their vehicles. We go away end of July?
More likely 6 - 8 weeks.

I did wonder if longer, so a September new plate than perhaps!

Depends what status code you are already at - 30 or 38? Live chat will let you know. Either way I would be surprised if you get it by end of July, especially if registered via snail mail with the DVLA.

Go for 1 Sept new plate!

Getting our new ocean next week after 10 months wait .
Denmark and Germany the week after…. Whoopee !!!
Try and avoid the autobahn 7 around Hamburg. Road works and tunnelling that’s been going on for past 10 + years.

Try and avoid the autobahn 7 around Hamburg. Road works and tunnelling that’s been going on for past 10 + years.
Many thanks for info
Was planning to travel A7
Do you have a better route.., destination Skagen
Xxx Jeff

Many thanks for info
Was planning to travel A7
Do you have a better route.., destination Skagen
Xxx Jeff
Afraid not. I travel the A7 in May. Light vehicles were able to proceed , but slower, but HGVs, Motorhomes were restricted to inside lanes that were moving very, very slow for about 10-15 miles.
Maybe via Wischhafen?

432E1992-5DD8-4DC4-8994-F4E96D5C075E.jpeg

Back