Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How long from UK Port to the dealers premises?

Daytona1977

Daytona1977

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Evening all, our California is on UK soil and has been for almost a week. I spoke to VW chat Today and they advised 7-10 working days from when the vehicle is cleared to the Port compound.

The Cali was cleared to the compound on the 11th, just wondered what other peoples experiences were recently for time to get to the dealer form that point? Thanks in advance.

Evening all, our California is on UK soil and has been for almost a week. I spoke to VW chat Today and they advised 7-10 working days from when the vehicle is cleared to the Port compound.

The Cali was cleared to the compound on the 11th, just wondered what other peoples experiences were recently for time to get to the dealer form that point? Thanks in advance.
Ours took 21 (non-working) days to get from Tyne to Liverpool in total, it was cleared after 48 hours.

How long is piece of string?
Mine (T6.1 Beach) was around 3 or 4 days. So quick the dealer told me they did not have it… whilst VW chat gave me the code… and then it was ‘found’ at the dealers…

How long is piece of string?
Mine (T6.1 Beach) was around 3 or 4 days. So quick the dealer told me they did not have it… whilst VW chat gave me the code… and then it was ‘found’ at the dealers…
It’s bizarre how inconsistent it is. Dealer thinks back end of next week it will be ready for collection. We are pretty excited as we ordered in September last year.

Ours took 21 (non-working) days to get from Tyne to Liverpool in total, it was cleared after 48 hours.
Was that during the pandemic or during normal working practices? It would explain the length of time if it was during covid restrictions etc.

Was that during the pandemic or during normal working practices? It would explain the length of time if it was during covid restrictions etc.
It arrived a month ago. After the fact the dealer said there was a 10-day delay but I can’t remember the reason he gave. However, I do know of other vehicles on this forum doing the exact same journey at the same time that arrived much sooner.
All is forgotten when it arrives :).

It arrived a month ago. After the fact the dealer said there was a 10-day delay but I can’t remember the reason he gave. However, I do know of other vehicles on this forum doing the exact same journey at the same time that arrived much sooner.
All is forgotten when it arrives :).
Thanks for your response. I was told by the dealer that it wouldn’t be built till back end of June so the fact is in the UK and built is a total bonus. The most painful part is it’s sat in Newcastle and had been for a week. This has felt longer than waiting for it to be built

Thanks for your response. I was told by the dealer that it wouldn’t be built till back end of June so the fact is in the UK and built is a total bonus. The most painful part is it’s sat in Newcastle and had been for a week. This has felt longer than waiting for it to be built
I agree, knowing it’s so close makes it feel so much longer!

mine was due at dealer today ?

I think yours was on the boat prior to mine, however, I’d been made up if it was on the same transporter. I’d be surprised if it wasn’t to be honest.

I spoke to Adam at LVC this morning and he had not had a vehicle transfer notice at that point. Hoping that May have changed now. Were you told that by the van centre or VW chat?

Mine arrived in Sheerness late on Friday 11 June. Not sure what cleared to the compound means or how long that might take but my dealer advised yesterday that it was down to arrive with them next week on the 22nd. So that would be 7 working days from ship docking to arrival at dealer. Also expecting to collect late next week.

Mine arrived in Sheerness late on Friday 11 June. Not sure what cleared to the compound means or how long that might take but my dealer advised yesterday that it was down to arrive with them next week on the 22nd. So that would be 7 working days from ship docking to arrival at dealer. Also expecting to collect late next week.
Still no movement order for ours yet, expecting delivery next week still. Fingers crossed.

turned up at dealer yesterday. they rang me today. should be collecting friday.
Awesome, slightly jealous, keep an eye out for mine at the dealers when you collect Friday. Its candy white and bay leaf green with Palmerston wheels and chrome detailing. Enjoy collection! Don't forget to share the pics!!!

Awesome, slightly jealous, keep an eye out for mine at the dealers when you collect Friday. Its candy white and bay leaf green with Palmerston wheels and chrome detailing. Enjoy collection! Don't forget to share the pics!!!
Sounds like a lush spec

Sounds like a lush spec
Thanks, we have gone for quite a few extra options. It’s probably a bit over the top, however, didn’t want to regret not taking one of the options when we had committed to the level of spend. In for penny and all that……

will do.

I believe the transport companies have a SLA to deliver to the designated VW dealership within 10 days of the vehicle being landed in the UK.

I believe the transport companies have a SLA to deliver to the designated VW dealership within 10 days of the vehicle being landed in the UK.
Ah ok, mines been cleared at the port for dispatch to the dealer since 10th (5 working days) I’m assuming you mean 10 working days?

Thanks, we have gone for quite a few extra options. It’s probably a bit over the top, however, didn’t want to regret not taking one of the options when we had committed to the level of spend. In for penny and all that……
Might be easiest then to ask what you didn’t opt for? I went back a month after order and ticked more boxes (DCC and sports pack as the ride and the woodstock wheels were niggling me) and interested to hear why you spec’d options.

Back