Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How low is your California?

61FB90A0-1A15-4347-9240-4B8BE1A959FF.jpeg
75mm front 70mm rear.
Eibach coilovers fitted by VW.
CRS adjusted to suit my visual requirements a week later.

Thanks to all those who posted photos, very useful.

I have decided to go with the Eibachs as the dealer is doing me a deal as they had to take the vehicle back to fix some issues that it should never have left the showroom with!

As they need it back for 3 week (xmas etc) they are basically letting me have the Eibachs at cost, then fitting and doing the ADAS calibration for free as a goodwill gesture.

I was leaning in this direction, as I am looking at 50-60mm drop (need to decide PDQ as being fitted on 27th) and can't shake the whole VW warranty thing on a 2021 vehicle. Getting a deal on them was enough to make my mind up, as while there may be better options out there when it comes to pure performance, I think the balance of cost v performance v warranty is now in favour of the Eibachs.

Got my California back today, quick photo (apologies it is dirty). Had it dropped 50mm all round on the Eibach coiloers. Didn't get a before photo!

Wheels next, tempted with 19s if I can find some I like that are load rated. Could do with a bit of extra width to fill the arches!
California Lowered.jpg

Got my California back today, quick photo (apologies it is dirty). Had it dropped 50mm all round on the Eibach coiloers. Didn't get a before photo!

Wheels next, tempted with 19s if I can find some I like that are load rated. Could do with a bit of extra width to fill the arches!
View attachment 88114
Far from dirty! You picked the right wheels to sell on. What have you done with your front splitter?

Yes, although they made a right mess of it and the vehicle had to go back to the dealer (200 miles away) to have it removed and redone (this time by a bodyshop). This is why I got the Eibachs, fitted, for £1000!

Will get some pics later. Including the broken grille insert I now have ... courtesy of the work!

I think you are the second person complaining of VW screwing up fitting an ABT splitter, hence why I did mine myself, it was a pain in the arse but they must do day in day out so should know what to do.

I think you are the second person complaining of VW screwing up fitting an ABT splitter, hence why I did mine myself, it was a pain in the arse but they must do day in day out so should know what to do.
Looked like they applied bonding with a spade

Just a few of the photos I took of my California the day it arrived from the dealer:

cali4.jpgcali2.jpgcali3.jpg

I’ll admit the adhesive is horrible stuff, but they really should not let vehicles leave the workshop sometimes in the state they do and just expect people to accept it, it’s not as if it cheap splitter.

Glad you are all sorted now.

Looks like they did not wipe off in time, it cures in under 30 mins and the only thing that removes it is panel wipe….and even with that it smears like nothing else I’ve ever seen.

You can see where they tried to wipe some off, as the paint has nearly worn through (as they probably didn't bake the paint on properly either).

I could have done as good a job with a few rattle cans and some sikaflex in my garage!

Reactions: Abx
Back