Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How many seats should be listed on the V5?

FoodieLoobie

FoodieLoobie

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
This is a question I keep coming back to from time to time.

We are the second owners of our Cali. The original owner ordered the van with the additional fifth seat. When selling he was offering the fifth seat for sale separately. As we neither wanted or needed it we chose not to include it within our purchase and presumably the original owner sold it on to someone else.

Our van therefore has the additional floor rail, has contained five seats, could again contain five seats, but currently has just four. Our V5 document lists the van as having five seats.

What do others do in this situation? And also what is the right thing to do? I would be really interested to hear your opinions. I am sure we are not the only Cali owners who do not want to use (or even have) a fifth seat for which the van is enabled and registered.

My V5 says 5 and I only have 4. I don't see any point in getting it updated.

• Agree
Reactions: Sad
Would have thought all SE/Oceans except 4motion are listed as 5 seat on the V5 as they already have the 4th rail required to fit the 5th seat. I.e. 5 seat ‘ready’. If not, anyone buying the additional seat at a later date would have to get the V5 updated.

I’ll let you know when my Ocean arrives....

Not quite all! my SE is listed as 6, had to get it signed off by a vw dealer very carefully with the words "the 6th seat is VW standard factory extra removable seat fitted to factory fitted floor rails" NFU insurance are fine about it.

our 2012 se non 4 motion did not have 4th rail and had seating listed as 4 you at that time had to order the extra seat to get the rail.
Would have thought all SE/Oceans except 4motion are listed as 5 seat on the V5 as they already have the 4th rail required to fit the 5th seat.

Had my Cali from new v5 lists as a five seater only ever had four seats.

Back