Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How to best clean the upholstry of the seats, sealing and other cloth insides

chrissmit

chrissmit

Vehicle
T5 HighTop
I guess title says it all.

I'm not using seat covers, and I know I should, but how do I best clean the upholstry?
And other cloth parts on the inside, like the ceiling?

Thanks!
Chris

I like WG use the autoglym fabric shampoo and don't use seat covers. I have yet to have a mark I could not get out. Using a hairdryer for a fast dry stops water marks which is the biggest problem with my fabric.

I'm going down the route of protecting the seats carpets etc. Quite like the look of the Gtechniq products. Will be protecting from new so time will tell.

Mike

I used to use a household carpet cleaner with the associated chemical (vax/bissel) and they worked OK.

But I have just converted to the Autoglym shampoo and it is amazing.

It got a couple of stains of my golf headline with hardly any effort.

It is the best thing for getting the bit of raised carpet in a Cali (the bit that most mats don't cover) clean.

For really stubbon dirt - spray on shampoo - scrub with a brush - vacuum with wet compatible vucuum, if required add some more water.

I am a convert - it is also one of the cheapest things in the Autoglym range :)

Also good for cleaning plastic surfaces without making them sticky or overly shiny.

Advert over :)

Another Autoglym interior shampoo user here. Great stuff and takes away the worry of getting the seats grubby.

Sent from my Galaxy S6

Thanks for all the help!

We're on a 2 month vacation, so I'll keep making it dirty and clean it all in one go in September...

again autoglym - though have recently found some stripy hammock type material and roughly knocked up some seat covers - three Lidl hammocks at £7 each do the three seats nicely...... livens up the surgical neutrality at the same time.....

At horrendous cost we bought Brandrupp seat covers 4 years ago when we got this Cali. Great investment. We have just come back from 6 weeks in France and they are pretty filthy I have to say. Wine stains, sun oil brown marks, all the edges of the cushions are a sort of brown colour, they started grey and ended up
looking grubby. They have never been washed.
But, fear not, help is at hand and I have taken them off and Mrs DoH has been hard at work in the sink, suds up to her armpits giving them a good wash.
Now dry and ready to be put back on the seats, which is a fairly major job (as I have had to explain to Mrs DoH)
But, they look like new and , of course, the seats underneath are pristine.

Back