Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

how to fit the 5th seat

daisyduke

daisyduke

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
done the obvious and not found anything on the forum and checked utube etc with no luck so hoping someone here can help...
have got a 5th seat for my SE which has the three rails, thought it might be a clip and go type effort like my old T4 bench seat was but no such luck.
so far have taken up the plastic front panel but there isn't enough room to tilt the new seat without the front seats which has the bases fixed are in the way.
I am assuming the silver part with black rubber edging also clips up and have been fairly forceful but they've not moved and don't want to damage/ break them. is there a knack to it.....am i on the right track?
Any pictures or info on 'how to fit' would be greatly appreciated. heads up these seats are heavy beasts... thanks

The silver strips can be a little tricky. Try and slide them along a little. That often loosens them and makes them easier to prise up. Careful not to scratch them though.

thanks just managed that before got your reply but still now in that gap cant seem to get seat to push back so can put strips back in....yes have sat in seat and pulled lever up :) thanks for your help

done the obvious and not found anything on the forum and checked utube etc with no luck so hoping someone here can help...
have got a 5th seat for my SE which has the three rails, thought it might be a clip and go type effort like my old T4 bench seat was but no such luck.
so far have taken up the plastic front panel but there isn't enough room to tilt the new seat without the front seats which has the bases fixed are in the way.
I am assuming the silver part with black rubber edging also clips up and have been fairly forceful but they've not moved and don't want to damage/ break them. is there a knack to it.....am i on the right track?
Any pictures or info on 'how to fit' would be greatly appreciated. heads up these seats are heavy beasts... thanks

pie27uk had the same problem, this was his solution.
"Having removed the drawer below the 5th seat, I was able to peer beneath the seat and investigate what lever does what. In doing so I noted a leverage system that wasn't connected to anything (located along the middle axis of the chair). I was able to turn this leverage system slightly which confirmed that it had a purpose. Basically the hand lever on the front of the chair should operate the leverage system via a stainless steel ~5mm dia bar which wasn't present, therefore the two were not connected. The bar had become disconnected at one end and was hidden out of view which I found by accident with my hand. Easily re-connected along with the plastic retaining clip and all good. :D"

pie27uk had the same problem, this was his solution.
"Having removed the drawer below the 5th seat, I was able to peer beneath the seat and investigate what lever does what. In doing so I noted a leverage system that wasn't connected to anything (located along the middle axis of the chair). I was able to turn this leverage system slightly which confirmed that it had a purpose. Basically the hand lever on the front of the chair should operate the leverage system via a stainless steel ~5mm dia bar which wasn't present, therefore the two were not connected. The bar had become disconnected at one end and was hidden out of view which I found by accident with my hand. Easily re-connected along with the plastic retaining clip and all good. :D"
thank you it turned out to be a silver block that is just inside the still covered silver rail nearest the cooker. A simple screw to loosen and remove the block and we have a seat that is fitted and moves back and forth freely. Thanks for assistance. Always easy when you know how.....at least my problem can help someone else down the line hopefully. :)

thank you it turned out to be a silver block that is just inside the still covered silver rail nearest the cooker. A simple screw to loosen and remove the block and we have a seat that is fitted and moves back and forth freely. Thanks for assistance. Always easy when you know how.....at least my problem can help someone else down the line hopefully. :)

This is useful.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk