Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How to get upstairs?

I

Isa Neal

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hi had my Cali a week now! I cannot work out the best way to get up top , have old skiing injuries so decrepid!
Is there such a ting as a ladder or do some of you have special non ladder ways of getting up top?

We use one of these on the (swivelled) front seat...
CA0465.png

Folds flat & weighs much less than a telescopic ladder - much cheaper too :thumb

We stand on the drivers seat and somersault into the top.

drmw1335 said:
Hi

People have offered this link on ebay in the past for telescopic ladders

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Telescopic-La ... 673wt_1413

I do not have them myself so can't vouch for quality

We have these in all our hire vehicles and they are perfect for the job. And when at full extension they are great for getting things on and off the roof rack, as they line up perfectly with the side rail.

We've not slept in our yet but bought a telescopic ladder was a bargain price so hope it does the job. If you do get one and you use it for filling any roof box we put pipe foam round the ladder where it touches the car to stop scratching the paint work.:)

CaliTess said:
We use one of these on the (swivelled) front seat...
CA0465.png

Folds flat & weighs much less than a telescopic ladder - much cheaper too :thumb

Hi CaliTess - where did you get the folding stool? I've never seen one. - scrvan

Hi I did buy a pretty folding stool just like the one in the picture- it survived all of 3 days before cracking Nader my weiight and I weigh half of the maximum weight recommended,

I like simple. (unless they risk damaging the headrest mountings) Where are those steps from?

Think the risk of damaging the headrests is low or nihil...the should be crashproof so strongbuild.

I think those steps are boat or swimpool purpose original...the O.P. maybe can give more info.

Back