Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How to import my T6 Beach to the USA?

Loopster D.

Loopster D.

Vehicle
T6 Beach 4Motion
I am a US citizen that bought my new T6 Beach in Spain. I want to bring it to the USA. I have been confused by the US Govt. websites and most curious if anyone has already done this task?

For instance, I have many questions if it is even possible with the bumper requirements, emissions, etc.

Thanks.

Loopster

Could you not have it transported to USA, and say you are touring with it and take it from there? I do understand it is very difficult to import, VW don't sell these vans in the USA is my understanding.

My understanding is that a temporary import - for a holiday - is fairly straightforward but the vehicle has to be exported again within 12 months. If you want to keep it in the USA any longer than that then it would have to meet minimum US vehicle standards. It may or may not be possible to comply with those regs with a cali.

Unfortunately, get it wrong and there is No Appeal!

I am a US citizen that bought my new T6 Beach in Spain. I want to bring it to the USA. I have been confused by the US Govt. websites and most curious if anyone has already done this task?

For instance, I have many questions if it is even possible with the bumper requirements, emissions, etc.

Thanks.

Loopster
Have you considered using an Import Agent.

Example only. http://www.autoimportusa.com/

Ouch.. what a waste.

But this is about manipulation of vehicle identification numbers, those cars would probably not be allowed for a 1 year tourist license either.

Anyway, found this link
https://wildaboutscotland.com/2013/01/31/why-is-the-vw-california-not-available-in-the-usa/
For a Tourist Licence - not a problem, but the OP was about Importing to the USA.
No matter what the reason, if the Import process is not followed exactly, the Border Force and other agencies take no prisoners and those videos shows what happens.
Importing can be done and is not easy for single vehicles hence my suggestion that an Agent may be the way forward.

Back