Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How to intall seat covers_

Eber123

Eber123

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 600
Good afternoon,

After a "mishap" with a 0.5 l cup of black fizzy drink and cleaning the seats (successful) we decided to get seat covers.

I had a look at the Apona-Surf web page, exchanged some emails with them (quick response) to finally order a set of seat covers for the T6 California Ocean.

The seat covers were delivered within a week. I expected it will be fiddly to get them installed but didn't expect problems.

When I started with the driver seat I did run into a problem within 5 minutes. For the live of me I can't see how to fix the 4x ropes from the cover under the seat. It could be done, but then the seat can't be swiveled.

I tired to find something in the Forum about this, also on the web but with no success. I contacted Apona-Surf a minute ago, to see what they can suggest. My questions:

• Has somebody install seat covers with ropes that go between the backseat and seat and found a way to secure them under the seat and still be able to swivel the seat?
  • I halfway took the plastic trimming of the seat (lower back) but not fully. I am afraid I break the plastic holders. Has anybody already taken of this trimming and can give advice of how to do this best?

Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Eberhard

I'm affaid most here on the forum have Brandrup , Comforts or Jackyard seatcovers ....
The Brandrup ones i have are very easy to fit and exellent fit , hard to tell it are covers and matches the original fabric.

I'm affaid most here on the forum have Brandrup , Comforts or Jackyard seatcovers ....
The Brandrup ones i have are very easy to fit and exellent fit , hard to tell it are covers and matches the original fabric.
Since the Brandrups have the same fabric as the original seats, they probably have to get dirty as fast?
Do you regularly remove them for washing ? If so is it easy? And is the fabric intended for that?

yes they are fully washable on a 40 wash

Since the Brandrups have the same fabric as the original seats, they probably have to get dirty as fast?
Do you regularly remove them for washing ? If so is it easy? And is the fabric intended for that?

Once a year i wash them , i don't see why they should get dirty just becose they have thesame fabric as the seats....it's what you do on your seats that gets them dirty.

Good morning,

I believe that a few people from the forum use the Apona-Surf seat covers. Which I wonder how those users managed to install the seat covers on the front, swivel seats.

If there is not a workable solution I have to send them back (hopefully they take it back without trouble).

That brings me back to the search of suitable seat covers. I saw pictures from Inka covers, which I don't like. The Brandup and from the shop here are to expensive, I can't afford them. Also I know me. If I pay to much for the seat covers I am not happy if they get dirty, hence I have to protect them... :).

Well, let's see what Apona-Surf is saying, before I panic :headbang

Regards,
Eberhard

I have just fitted seat covers not the same make. I have just taken these photos to show you location front and back of seat. The seat rotates fine but you should look and spin the seat so you can see which bit is fixed.
First photo is front

36u5mIOyQhm5uDNr9S7Vyg.jpg uIhW+QC9SUuN6AOLPXrVhw.jpg

Good afternoon,

just a short update about the seat covers from Apona-Surf.

Installation was not that bad. I believe the biggest problem of the Apona-Surf seat covers are, that they are in one piece (back and seat). Because of this especially the front seats won't fit as well as I was hoping for.

I believe the installation could have been done better by me, but the installation manual was not very helpful (which would have been nice, because who has experience to install seat covers?).

The back seat is a bit better. It looks more like expected and might work for a while (which I don't believe will be the case for the front seats).

After the installation and a few weeks of use I give them a 5 out of 10. Would I recommend them? No, I wouldn't, for this kind of money there must be better solutions.

Regards,
Eberhard