Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How to make the rear door higher for a tall guy!

benmac

benmac

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi Everyone,

Has anyone put larger struts on the rear door so it can open a little higher?
I am 6'2 and my beach has a kitchen in the rear and I have to bend my neck a little to stand under the door which is not ideal. I think I could put longer struts but not sure if this will cause any other challenges?

Thanks
Ben

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone put larger struts on the rear door so it can open a little higher?
I am 6'2 and my beach has a kitchen in the rear and I have to bend my neck a little to stand under the door which is not ideal. I think I could put longer struts but not sure if this will cause any other challenges?

Thanks
Ben
I could be wrong, but I don’t believe the tailgate can open further as it is limited by the hinges to avoid damage to the tailgate/roof.

You could change the tailgate for Barn doors with a canvas from open door to doorl but you would lose the seat holder.

The longer strut body would probably mean it wouldn’t close all the way.

@benmac I feel your pain, or perhaps I should say my son does……6ft 8in with a T6 :eek:

I could be wrong, but I don’t believe the tailgate can open further as it is limited by the hinges to avoid damage to the tailgate/roof.

You could change the tailgate for Barn doors with a canvas from open door to doorl but you would lose the seat holder.

Fit Air suspension to the rear only and raise/lower as required.
Full air is better.
it stops me bumping my head.

Add a seikel 30mm lift kit and never hit your head again. That's what we did, just not for that reason....

Back