Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How to remove the kitchen unit from a 2013 T5 California?

CarloDiGiusto

CarloDiGiusto

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hello,
Is there a guide to removing the kitchen and wardrobe from a Volkswagen T5 California? I would like to replace the plastic floor with a fake wood like that of the current model (see picture attached). And I would like to do a good job, not just put a layer of linoleum on the existing floor.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions and ciao from Italy ;-)38539_vag_mul_16_california_color_4_big.jpg

Just put mats on the floor .
The whole unit from front to back is one piece . It needs to be lifted up and turned 45degrees to get out ...the factory uses a mechanical assistence arm to put it in ,
Clips in place and bolted only in four placed if i remember correct.

You could unbolt it and liift it up a few cm to slide the new floor under . But the biggest problem is the floor rails ....you can not higher them up.

Don't do it!
By adding the additional thickness of the flooring between the existing floor and the kitchen units you may find problems realigning units and fixings.

Speak to Mirko at Premium Camper in Cornwall.

Don't do it!
By adding the additional thickness of the flooring between the existing floor and the kitchen units you may find problems realigning units and fixings.

Also the step covers. Conversions have to change the trims at the doors, due to the higher profile.

Thanks to everyone for helpful suggestions.
I realize it's not an easy job... but thank you anyway and ciao from Italy.

Back