Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How to store the middle seats?

R

Richie C

Vehicle
T5 Beach
Hi all

We got our T5 Beach in April. We rarely use the middle two seats but sometimes they're useful for ferrying extra kids around so we like to be able to get then in and out quickly when needed.

Over the summer it was fine storing them at the back of a covered car port (roof but open front) but with it being damper now we would rather they were locked away safe and dry.

Can anyone recommend a metal storage box or similar that can take both seats and other bits of Cali goodness (electric hookup cable etc)? It must not be wider than the T5 and must not be taller than five feet, and ideally should take up as little depth as possible so the Cali itself can squeeze in too,

Many thanks in advance!

Hi all

We got our T5 Beach in April. We rarely use the middle two seats but sometimes they're useful for ferrying extra kids around so we like to be able to get then in and out quickly when needed.

Over the summer it was fine storing them at the back of a covered car port (roof but open front) but with it being damper now we would rather they were locked away safe and dry.

Can anyone recommend a metal storage box or similar that can take both seats and other bits of Cali goodness (electric hookup cable etc)? It must not be wider than the T5 and must not be taller than five feet, and ideally should take up as little depth as possible so the Cali itself can squeeze in too,

Many thanks in advance!
How about one of the many bike lockers now on the market?

Mike

It may be worth looking up storage units designed to hide a couple of wheelie bins.

Hi all

Many thanks in advance!

We just bought a shed from Asgard - http://www.asgardsss.co.uk

I'd never heard of them before but was in the market for a low/no-maintenance shed that was strong and didn't suffer from the usual issues associated with plastic and metal sheds. I've been extremely satisfied with their level of service and the quality of the products. They have everything from bike storage to very large sheds. The in-built ventilation works well and there is almost no condensation, even with the temperatures we've had recently. They also have a strong focus on security.

I have the same thoughts as you. Looking to store our 5th seat in there. Shed has been up for about 6 weeks now and no issues so far. 5th seat will move out there as soon as I've got hold of a waterproof seat cover for that extra layer of protection.

We just bought a shed from Asgard - http://www.asgardsss.co.uk

I'd never heard of them before but was in the market for a low/no-maintenance shed that was strong and didn't suffer from the usual issues associated with plastic and metal sheds. I've been extremely satisfied with their level of service and the quality of the products. They have everything from bike storage to very large sheds. The in-built ventilation works well and there is almost no condensation, even with the temperatures we've had recently. They also have a strong focus on security.

I have the same thoughts as you. Looking to store our 5th seat in there. Shed has been up for about 6 weeks now and no issues so far. 5th seat will move out there as soon as I've got hold of a waterproof seat cover for that extra layer of protection.

Hi Lewis,

How did you get on with storing your 5th seat in the Asgard shed? I’m thinking of getting one, for both the Cali seats, plus all the awnings, tents and other camping gear from the loft. We currently have an Asgard bike store, which seems pretty dry, although it get loads of sun at the front of the house. Unfortunately the shed will be in shade, at the side of the house. Did you get any moisture/condensation and mould issues with your shed?

James

No issues whatsoever. We eventually sold our 5th seat but it had at least a couple of years (probably more) in the shed, just covered over with a bed sheet. No mould, damp or insect issues of any kind. We didn’t ever have any soil/mud in the shed though, it was used more for storage than gardening.

Had the shed up for about 7yrs now and all still working well with no rust or lock problems. Well worth the investment (and the slight hassle of needing a concrete base).

No issues whatsoever. We eventually sold our 5th seat but it had at least a couple of years (probably more) in the shed, just covered over with a bed sheet. No mould, damp or insect issues of any kind. We didn’t ever have any soil/mud in the shed though, it was used more for storage than gardening.

Had the shed up for about 7yrs now and all still working well with no rust or lock problems. Well worth the investment (and the slight hassle of needing a concrete base).
Brilliant. Thank you very much for your swift and comprehensive response.

Get a couple of inka waterproof seat covers to protect them from dirt / cobwebs. Fold them flat, put the headrest in the drawer and stack them on top of each other.