Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

hub caps

NShep

NShep

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach 4Motion
Hi all,
Does anybody know where you can get replacements for the mini he hub caps in the centre of the wheels. Some genius nicked one!!
It is a 2012 16” wheel beach.

Thanks for any advice!
Nicola

I bought a pack of 4 of Ebay from Motorglobe.
Genuine VW parts
Part number
7L6 601 149B
LT2

Very reasonably priced.
As said above make sure of your sizing.

I got mine from the dealer, I forget how much, but more expensive than eBay, I wanted to know they were genuine though...

Hi all,
Does anybody know where you can get replacements for the mini he hub caps in the centre of the wheels. Some genius nicked one!!

Thanks for any advice!
Nicola
When you say someone has nicked it, has the whole centre cap/plug actually gone missing leaving a hole in the wheel centre or is it the shiny VW badge surface cover that's disappeared?

I have a 2016 Beach that did have standard 16" Claytons when new. I also thought that the hub cap thief had struck one day but then realised that the shiny VW badge had merely delaminated and fallen off.

I asked our local VW Commercial dealer for a replacement under warrantee only to be told that the fault was due to wear and tear. I then asked what wear and tear a hub cap is subject to and recieved a very stoney response. Even though a replacement only cost me a few quid I didn't leave it there. I wrote to VW Customer services on principal and asked them why the road side verges aren't covered in VW badges if these parts are expected to fall off due to wear and tear? Also after having just spent £45k on buying the vehicle I was somewhat hacked off with this VW penny pinching fob off. They wouldn't back down affirming that it is definately a wear and tear item like brake shoes and tyres but did make a goodwill gesture by refunding the price of the new cap.

It makes you wonder what else is classed as a wear and tear item and isn't covered under warrantee?

Last edited:
Trouble is they can get jet washed off by your local foreign £7.50 hand wash co. Happened to me on my T5 kombi but Wolfrace Alloys sent me 1 plus a spare free.

I think mime just came loose and fell off. I had to push another one back in to the wheel that looked like it was making an escape.

Trouble is they can get jet washed off by your local foreign £7.50 hand wash co. Happened to me on my T5 kombi but Wolfrace Alloys sent me 1 plus a spare free.
Then they obviously aren't fit for purpose. Who wants to buy an expensive car only to be told by the manufacturers Customer Relations Department that it's normal for certain parts to fall off? These caps shouldn't do this and the fact that they are indicates faulty manufacture.

Then they obviously aren't fit for purpose. Who wants to buy an expensive car only to be told by the manufacturers Customer Relations Department that it's normal for certain parts to fall off? These caps shouldn't do this and the fact that they are indicates faulty manufacture.
Might be the wheel that’s faulty and not fit for purpose.
Mine are still on after 74k miles and 3 tyre changes all round.

No they cant, if you clean it yourself ;)

Might be the wheel that’s faulty and not fit for purpose.
Mine are still on after 74k miles and 3 tyre changes all round.
I think Borris is referring to the chrome vw emblem which is stuck to
the middle of the plastic caps, not the actual cap.

Correct. I don't see how the actual cap could accidentally fall off.

I know, in his case. The complete cap and the emblem are still ok on mine.

I know, in his case. The complete cap and the emblem are still ok on mine.
You must have the special edition welsh
Iechyd da version.
Of course, if something is manufactured 100,000 times there will be a few faulty ones.

You must have the special edition welsh
Iechyd da version.
Of course, if something is manufactured 100,000 times there will be a few faulty ones.
Agree, but doesn’t mean they are unfit for purpose. There will always be a % failure rate.
I do agree though that blaming failure on Wear &Tear is pushing your luck somewhat.

Agree, but doesn’t mean they are unfit for purpose. There will always be a % failure rate.
I do agree though that blaming failure on Wear &Tear is pushing your luck somewhat.
And that was my point! I accept that this issue was down to a rare faulty part but VW don't. Their argument that this failure was down to wear and tear was utter nonsense. To say that implies that they expect these components to regularly fail in which case they wouldn't be fit for purpose. The obvious correct action would have been to replace the defective part under warranted without quibble. Instead penny pinching actions like this do nothing to restore their already tarnished reputation.

Hi all,

Thanks for any advice!
Nicola
Just a warning, I bought some on line genuine VW partNo. 387 601 171 they are almost the right size but marginally to small for the 16 inch alloys on my 63 plate T5. These seem to be the most commonly available bu just don't fit.