Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Humby's Cali (Kurkuma Yellow!)

H

Humby

Vehicle
T6 Coast 150
Hi California lovers,

I'm Humby from Belgium (Hemiksem, near Antwerp). I have a nice girlfriend and 2 kids, Jef 7y and Lola 5y.
I drove older VW buses for 20 years, but it felt like it was time to buy a newer one, because I needed more comfort, safety and speed :) So I did buy a newer one!
A very nice 2019 T6 California Coast is now parked in my garage.
It has all the nice options, like DSG, the aux. heater, 3 zone Climatronic airco, towing hook, double privacy glass, electric aid for trunk and sliding door, park assist + camera, the led camping comfort package, electric mirrors, cruise control,...
First I was a bit sad that my older T2 Westfalia was gone, but for now I'm very, very happy Cali owner!
When your used to older T2 Westy's, the luxury is a bit too much and overwelming, but we'll get used to it :)
Because it is our "vacation vehicle", my girl told me that I should go for a more special exterior color. So I bougth a Kurkuma Yellow one!

Enough talking, here are the pictures.

So I sold this one :confused:: (never forget, always in our hearts )
Bus1.jpg
Bus2.jpg

And bought this one :cool::

cali5.jpg
cali2.jpgcali3.jpg

We're planning a lot of trips the coming years!

From my side, I will visit Ikea to buy some interior stuff (I already read the posts :) ), the B pillars will be blacked out and I'll add some "California-edition" side striping (in fact the rear is already done, no pictures yet..)

I'll keep you guys posted!

See you!
Humby

cali1.jpg

Welcome and love the colour

:welcome
Great colour choice on both vans :thumb

Going on smiles per mile, the westys always win.

1978 Taiga green Westfalia Berlin USA import, thats my guess.

Welcome neighbour ;)
That T2 is awesome. Have fun with your new van, really like the colour.

Hi all,

we can’t camp, so I did a few mods.
First some decals
DC39816A-9BA6-4A37-842B-F63145807442.jpeg
AA27F150-F5DC-453F-9DDE-13C3FEC6FE6E.jpeg
then I bought some Bulli badges and modified them to match the black side indicators.
Before:
D6453953-33B7-4DB8-99FF-97467A07DF4F.jpeg

after:
EEBF6D68-2596-4CB0-9A5D-03DC4F8F675B.jpeg
On the Cali:
222130D0-D706-442C-B632-66E38FEE8359.jpeg
Looks good!
greetz,

Humby

And here the decal on the trunk. Maybe I should go for the smoked Edition rear lights...
C174B0EB-41E0-4EF6-9632-C4453D4A95F3.jpeg

Wow! Very nice!! (That's both of the buses!). The colour of your new bus reminds me that VW can pick some nice vibrant colours, they just need to do it a bit more often! :happy

And here the decal on the trunk. Maybe I should go for the smoked Edition rear lights...
View attachment 58914
Looks good. Have you come to grips with all the goodies that your Cali is equipped with? As a recent purchaser and being prevented from travelling by the lockdown, I am still trying to figure out the workings of all of the refinements and extras that I never even knew were on the van.

Very nice colour good mods too :thumb I think you should go for the rear smoked lights :cool:

Love the colour, we've only ever chosen Grey. Why oh why?

Looks good. Have you come to grips with all the goodies that your Cali is equipped with? As a recent purchaser and being prevented from travelling by the lockdown, I am still trying to figure out the workings of all of the refinements and extras that I never even knew were on the van.
Not fully yet... :confused:
The weekend before the Belgian lockdown we went to Zeeland in the Netherlands, not so far from here, and only a day trip...
83E86484-9236-4D3D-89F2-9E78D59ABF1A.jpeg
Although the kids slept in it in our garage, and I use it as my home office for the moment. The moment we are allowed to get out and travel, we will do it!
66C52609-6495-4A8D-8E53-15EC4739D509.jpeg
Greetz,

Humby

Not fully yet... :confused:
The weekend before the Belgian lockdown we went to Zeeland in the Netherlands, not so far from here, and only a day trip...
View attachment 58928
Although the kids slept in it in our garage, and I use it as my home office for the moment. The moment we are allowed to get out and travel, we will do it!
View attachment 58929
Greetz,

Humby
That’s a beautiful cali

Welcome Humby,

Nice T2, but having owned a T2, I totally get your reasons for the change.

I love that Colour :bananadance2 :upsidedown:bananadance2

Keep them post and pics comming

Nice mod on the Bulli Badges :cool:

You’ll get used to the comfort and safety of the new Van soon !