Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

I have a confirmed build date of week 51 !!

Ladymuck

Ladymuck

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Gisela my new Cali coast is being built on 14th Dec :) this is the confirmed build date, the previous provisional one was week 52.
Just sharing my excitement with other Cali owners to be !! Eeeekkk !
They advise collection will be 6 weeks from completing the build which takes 2 weeks so that 1st Feb :)) is that about right ? What's other peoples experiences ?

Yes, would be interesting to know where others are with similar order dates

Unfortunately you can't draw any conclusions from where you might be in the 'queue' from this. I ordered 5 within a 3 week period and the last one I ordered has the earliest build week! One of them still doesn't have a build week. All 150 Oceans, the only difference between them is paint colour and some have coloured bellows. It's probably based on Just In Time manufacturing at the factory but what the formula is....well that's anyone's guess!

Unfortunately you can't draw any conclusions from where you might be in the 'queue' from this. I ordered 5 within a 3 week period and the last one I ordered has the earliest build week! One of them still doesn't have a build week. All 150 Oceans, the only difference between them is paint colour and some have coloured bellows. It's probably based on Just In Time manufacturing at the factory but what the formula is....well that's anyone's guess!
So even if it's a confirmed build date it still doesn't mean it will be built that week?

Might be week 5 now then
I don't want to pee on your fireworks if you get it 6 weeks after build start I would be ecstatic. Saying that they will have 3 months worth of 204 orders to go at week 6 so may get 150's done super fast as there will be nothing else to build!. Whats the factory Christmas shutdown?

I don't want to pee on your fireworks if you get it 6 weeks after build start I would be ecstatic. Saying that they will have 3 months worth of 204 orders to go at week 6 so may get 150's done super fast as there will be nothing else to build!. Whats the factory Christmas shutdown?
I wondered about Christmas shutdown, it must delay things by a couple of days at least ..

Very exciting. New Year delivery then.....:bananadance2

My grand California was build on 20th October and has only just been transported to the port due to ‘Brexit negotiations and Covid’ according to VW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I checked again tonight & still a build week 51 - 14th December - states 2 weeks to build & then 4 weeks to deliver to dealer although guess with the Christmas break some extension - so looks similar to you early Feb - yikes :D

Gisela my new Cali coast is being built on 14th Dec :) this is the confirmed build date, the previous provisional one was week 52.
Just sharing my excitement with other Cali owners to be !! Eeeekkk !
They advise collection will be 6 weeks from completing the build which takes 2 weeks so that 1st Feb :)) is that about right ? What's other peoples experiences ?
This is me....
‘Your vehicle has a build slot of week 50 (7th – 13 December), it can take 2 / 3 weeks for both builds to be completed - Base vehicle then on to the California plant. I think your vehicle will leave the factory after the Christmas shut down and arrive with us late January.’

I checked again tonight & still a build week 51 - 14th December - states 2 weeks to build & then 4 weeks to deliver to dealer although guess with the Christmas break some extension - so looks similar to you early Feb - yikes :D
Great news, I think you ordered similar time to me ? Late September ? Our dealer said if it arrives in Feb they will hold it till Match for new reg, it's going to be hard waiting !

This is me....
‘Your vehicle has a build slot of week 50 (7th – 13 December), it can take 2 / 3 weeks for both builds to be completed - Base vehicle then on to the California plant. I think your vehicle will leave the factory after the Christmas shut down and arrive with us late January.’
When did you order ?

Great news, I think you ordered similar time to me ? Late September ? Our dealer said if it arrives in Feb they will hold it till Match for new reg, it's going to be hard waiting !
Yes I ordered 30th September - oh Im not bothered about new reg as Im going to disguise my new vehicle with an older reg anyhow! Need to get a bit more prepared though with the "essentials"!

Yes I ordered 30th September - oh Im not bothered about new reg as Im going to disguise my new vehicle with an older reg anyhow! Need to get a bit more prepared though with the "essentials"!
Oh yes I remember our thread about the new reg, I'm probably going private plate as well but it's the resale I was thinking of.. say in 10 years I sell it then I may get a few more grand for a 21 plate than a 20 plate ?

Oh yes I remember our thread about the new reg, I'm probably going private plate as well but it's the resale I was thinking of.. say in 10 years I sell it then I may get a few more grand for a 21 plate than a 20 plate ?
Not convinced it will make much difference in 10 years time - not a few grand anyway. But I like to have the right year on my plate - the ‘21 plates are now available if you want particular letters/numbers

Back