Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

I have arrived Switzerland now

S

StevenZhang

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
hi, I have now arrived in Basel, Switzerland, and in the next few days I have been heading south to Geneva, and then north to Zurich. Of course, our travel route is not rigid and can be changed at any time. Do you have any great places or camps to recommend?
Thank you so much.

Welcome to Switzerland Steve!
I guess a lot of folks recommend the Lauterbrunnen area - great place to check stay a few days.
Around Zuerich basic CP next to the lake: Fischers Fritz.
Around Central Switzerland: Camping Vitznau next to Rigi/Lake Lucerne, TCS Camping Zug, next to lake Zug.
Around Meiringen/Hasliberg: Parking "Engstlenalp"
Around Biel/Bienne: Camping Erlach...
Any questions: Ask away!
Enjoy!

Keep us posted Steven, we will hopefully be in Switzerland early September.
Have a great time.

Welcome to Switzerland Steve!
I guess a lot of folks recommend the Lauterbrunnen area - great place to check stay a few days.
Around Zuerich basic CP next to the lake: Fischers Fritz.
Around Central Switzerland: Camping Vitznau next to Rigi/Lake Lucerne, TCS Camping Zug, next to lake Zug.
Around Meiringen/Hasliberg: Parking "Engstlenalp"
Around Biel/Bienne: Camping Erlach...
Any questions: Ask away!
Enjoy!
Hi, we’ll plan to go to camping Erlach tomorrow next night, thank you for your recommendation

It’s nice around the Jurapark.
There’s a great little farmers campsite near Herznach. Meat from the farm and BBQ pits around to cook the meats and some decent beer in the fridge to.
Small, basic, but spot on

Hi, is this a camping site? Or just a great place?

It's a parking with possibility to stay (pay in advanced), small narrow road (one lane) to get there. Parking is not "nice", just basic gravel however the place it self is stunning!
Bill for 2 nights:
20223BB7-96BA-4EC0-90CB-3EDB436C8CA8.jpeg

Edit: Please do not „Wildcamp“ next to the lake or at least keep it clean. News just showed up that there were terrible „campers“ with no manners or respect.

Last edited:
There aren’t many options for camps here in Basel (some aren’t open). I took a rest at Camping Waldhort last night. The facilities and surrounding of the camp are very ordinary. The biggest problem is that it is located next to a highway. If you are sensitive to noise, you will definitely be woken up early in the morning.

Stayed in Camping Jungfrau, Lauterbrunnen 2 years ago - every bit as stunning as everyone says.
We also loved Camping Silvaplana outside St Moritz last year & it was stunning. Great campsite & the view (out the door of the Cali) was breathtaking. Highly recommend.

F11FFA47-3E9E-42E7-B60D-C6B328696BBD.jpeg

F0798837-8F84-47BF-8519-9251FD7E24AA.jpeg

E858BF0F-0B67-4151-9948-E77EC88F5214.jpeg

Really...
difficult to book a pitch etc...?
Atm yes. Summer hol until mid August. Gov pushed to stay here and at the same time there are more and more so called „wild camper (often Swiss)“ with no idea how to camp without leaving trash and more.
Didn‘t you planned to visit in September? Might be a better time (October is already Autmn hol).

I might be in Vitznau tomorrow if they have space!

How wonderful! Enjoy it! We love pitch 308 although it is not the biggest one however the view is superb!
Unfortunately you often can not wish the pitch number.
We'll be there around 12.8. and look forward to it.
Tell us how you liked it or not

I am now in Camping Jungfrau,Lauterbrunnen, and I drove over without a reservation. I was very lucky that there was a pitch. They will tell me tomorrow morning if there is a chance to continue for another two days. It's so beautiful here and so cool after two heavy rains just now, you know that we were at TCS Camping Genève-Vésenaz last night, it was extremely hot, and the temperature was still 28 degrees at midnight.

D86443B7-1BA5-4A21-BF23-FDCDB7CE430D.jpeg4DCD2436-E301-4779-A96D-379E2EF81DF3.jpeg