Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

I have arrived Switzerland now

Atm yes. Summer hol until mid August. Gov pushed to stay here and at the same time there are more and more so called „wild camper (often Swiss)“ with no idea how to camp without leaving trash and more.
Didn‘t you planned to visit in September? Might be a better time (October is already Autmn hol).

We were planning for June. 3/4 weeks.
Unfortunately didn’t make it this year, because of Covid.
Hopefully, things will settle for a trip next year :thumb

We originally planned to go to Luzern today, but it is too hot there today and tomorrow, so we stayed at Aaregg Familiencampingplatz next to Lake Brienz, only 30 minutes from the campsite Jungfrau. This campsite is very good, the facilities perfect, and the surroundings are so great!
Of course a little expensive CHF86 for one royal pitch and two adults with two kids.

E60E70EF-3250-4DE2-99F7-BC7F63CAF102.jpeg

2F81FD9E-BD37-495C-817E-8BD84AF9645B.jpeg

C19DB6F6-410D-4024-A635-32A631ABBFF6.jpeg

7A93993D-FC0C-4968-8856-85432F358CD9.jpeg

Yes that is a very well equipped site, we have stayed there many times. Enjoy the lake swimming as it is really hot until Sunday!
Not sure how long you are there, but I recommend a visit (all day) to Ballenberg. Take some Cervelat sausages, a loaf of fresh bread and some local cheese and cook on an open fire there.

Oh and buy your food TODAY and hurry up. Everything is SHUT tomorrow for 1 August... Swiss National Day!

We originally planned to go to Luzern today, but it is too hot there today and tomorrow, so we stayed at Aaregg Familiencampingplatz next to Lake Brienz, only 30 minutes from the campsite Jungfrau. This campsite is very good, the facilities perfect, and the surroundings are so great!
Of course a little expensive CHF86 for one royal pitch and two adults with two kids.

View attachment 63706

View attachment 63707

View attachment 63708

View attachment 63709
Snap, we have arrived today as well from Lake Annecy. Here for 5 nights, its going to get wet from Monday. Quite a few Calis on site and a Westfalia Club joker

@sapto - thanks for that! We may try the Amden site as we like it up there a lot.

I also read something yesterday (Blick online) that referenced this website www.nomady.ch with some more temporary sites, or sites that have popped up to meet the demand.

Before coming to Camping Waldesruh, we first went to Camping Fischers Fritz near Zurich. To be honest, it was too bad. Except by the lake, there were no any other good. The vehicles were crowded and the environment was messy. No wonder the customer rated only 3.7 points. .

Before coming to Camping Waldesruh, we first went to Camping Fischers Fritz near Zurich. To be honest, it was too bad. Except by the lake, there were no any other good. The vehicles were crowded and the environment was messy. No wonder the customer rated only 3.7 points. .

That was also our impression (visited it twice and hoped it improves in between). Pros are restaurant and close to Zurich and lake. That's it. Sorry I didn't tell you.

Better camping near Greifensee in Maur rather that Fischer Fritz. Easy bus and train to Zurich and much quieter.
I may be biased though as I live nearby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Better camping near Greifensee in Maur rather that Fischer Fritz. Easy bus and train to Zurich and much quieter.
I may be biased though as I live nearby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for this!

Hi everyone, I am back in the UK today. I spent 15 days in France and Switzerland, a very good memory. Thank you very much for your company and help during my journey, and I wish you all a pleasant summer.

I hope you enjoyed it! We are just visiting Camping Vitznau (pitch 321 and it is almost better than 308):
e2e5ab18a3b1b1ef0ae375d98dc069ab.jpg

Happy summer to everyone!