Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

I need a new control panel ....

T

Thomash

Any advice on where to get a new control panel for a 2012 California please ?

Yep we need more details. Could need a new knob for a tenner, or the screen and scrolling fixed for the mid one hundreds (from memory). VW will tell you it needs a £700+ replacement even if you've just sneezed on it!

Surely not ...... VW would ?! Thanks for coming back to me. Will try Verotronics. Have separately posted about my 'roof alarming and now not opening' problem and read up previous threads. Think you gave some thoughts on that Hotel California. CCU was alarming with roof open message when it was closed. Now won't open at all and alarm still sounding intermittently. All other CCU functions fine. Have just had my inverter replaced and the guys who did that (Accutek of Winchester) have advised that the fault seems to lie in the CCU. Also seen that you can get cheaper CCUs on eBay from Germany and Poland (Euros 350 vs £700 or so from VW). Any other thoughts much appreciated.

Were you getting the error messages before the inverter was replaced?

It sounds to me that bad messages / signals are being sent to the CCU, and that a new one would respond the same.

As an aside, I think you are 1 in 100 that use the inverter, nevermind would spendmoney repairing it.

Back