Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

I need to get a job, again

briwy

briwy

Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Just renewed our Cali insurance and gone with Comfort who were lot cheaper than anyone else with the same policy.
However one ridiculous point arose as I wanted to insure the van for my other half to use if necessary (very unlikely as we have other vehicles). As the policy is in my name (she has her own insurance for the Yeti) and I'm retired it seems that it can't be covered for commuting. If I have a part time job working two or three hours a week then commuting cover is possible. The alternative is insure the Cali in her name but then I would gradually lose my no claims and as it would be a new policy for her then it would be twice the price.
Seems a bit nuts to me.

That's ridiculous! What if you were using some of your free time in retirement as a volunteer in a charity shop and used your van to get there, is that not commuting? So if you did, would it not be covered?

Yes it's crackers. I did ask about that very point and they just said no, not covered.
Even dafter is that if I was still working it was the same price to include for commuting.

Yes it's crackers. I did ask about that very point and they just said no, not covered.
Even dafter is that if I was still working it was the same price to include for commuting.

So you could go shopping at the same charity shop and park in the same place as if you were volunteering there and that would be covered?

So you can't do any voluntary work in retirement and use the van to get there?

do not pay extra to protect your no claims discount. waste of money. the cost of insurance with 0 years no claims is the same as insurance with no claims protected when you've had an 'incident'. check it out. save your cash and don't crash.

do not pay extra to protect your no claims discount. waste of money. the cost of insurance with 0 years no claims is the same as insurance with no claims protected when you've had an 'incident'. check it out. save your cash and don't crash.

Yeah, you're kind of right. Insurers are phasing out no claims discounts in favour of viewing each risk on its merits but then we have the nonsense above where common sense should really prevail. Sometimes I despair of my profession

Yeah, you're kind of right. Insurers are phasing out no claims discounts in favour of viewing each risk on its merits but then we have the nonsense above where common sense should really prevail. Sometimes I despair of my profession
you work in insurance then?

I had a prang 5 years ago. paid protected no claims but my insurance still went up. if i pay to protect why doea it go up?so what's the point. I have been stupid by paying this premium same as everyone else. no more. I pay to protect...have a prang and my insurance goes up because I've had a prang so what's the point in no claims protect? and then when I read insured and told them I may as well had zero no claims because I tried it and.it was the same price. DO NOT PAY TO PROTECT YOUR NO CLAIMS.

engineer not on that list?

I had a prang 5 years ago. paid protected no claims but my insurance still went up. if i pay to protect why doea it go up?so what's the point. I have been stupid by paying this premium same as everyone else. no more. I pay to protect...have a prang and my insurance goes up because I've had a prang so what's the point in no claims protect? and then when I read insured and told them I may as well had zero no claims because I tried it and.it was the same price. DO NOT PAY TO PROTECT YOUR NO CLAIMS.
Blimey, calm down Sir, you'll have a seizure.

Back