Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
51237.jpg

Adult and two children, or;
50203.jpg

Two adults and two children.

I think that the 284cm of the me'n'u2 would be significantly easier to transport and use than the 320cm of the me'n'u3, but the me'n'u3 would be significantly more showy than the me'n'u2. Our current tandem is 250cm.

GOODIES.jpg

Takes me back to the TV when I was a lad......sorry about the picture quality

Would love to see that on your bike rack behind the Cali Tom , share us a picture ....;)
We already have a standard tandem. It goes into a tandem carrier which fits onto the roof rails, we toured Europe with it on our honeymoon. The difficulty would be getting it onto the roof of the California as it is so high, but it is one of the reasons that I bought this.
IMG_2410.JPG
The other reason being for the boys to have a dining table...

If you want one, why don't you buy one?

I wanted a California about 10 years ago. After some looking around, I bought one.

You'll need a wider van! And it looks like it has the same turning circle as a bendy-bus.

You'll need a wider van! And it looks like it has the same turning circle as a bendy-bus.
Our Tandem has been in storage for over two years, and, I the last time we definitely used it was on 6 September 2016, when the photo below was taken - over three years ago.
IMG_1968.JPG
But I have now brought it out of storage and took the boys to school on it. Both boys have outgrown the trailer. Jack is still comfortable in the rear child seat, but as he has been cycling independently since 3 years 4 months is wasted not pedalling. And Ben cannot reach the pedals on the stoker seat even with the saddle at its lowest.

From the beginning of term until now they have been cycling to and from school on their own bikes with me. But I do have concerns. It is illegal for anyone, including children, to cycle on the pavement, and while I am prepared to ignore this 1835 law, enacted before bicycles were invented, for my boys, I am not prepared to ignore it for me and accompany them on the footway. I have never had any concerns about drivers respecting us on the road. But with two boys now cycling to school, I find managing them on the road difficult, and increasingly difficult as they grow in confidence.

A tandem triplet may just work for us. At 34 cm longer than our current tandem, it will, as you say, have a massive turning circle. I am really tempted.

If you want one, why don't you buy one?
The order would have gone in today if it were my choice. Unfortunately I have to persuade Clare that it is a higher priority than some of her priorities. I tried replaying the Thunberg Vs World Leaders video to her but that just resulted in the suggestion that we use Amarillo less. o_O

The order would have gone in today if it were my choice. Unfortunately I have to persuade Clare that it is a higher priority than some of her priorities. I tried replaying the Thunberg Vs World Leaders video to her but that just resulted in the suggestion that we use Amarillo less. o_O
Then give her the choice: buying that bike and keeping Amarillo, or not buying the bike and ditching Amarillo, and go on holidays by foot!!!

51237.jpg

Adult and two children, or;
50203.jpg

Two adults and two children.

I think that the 284cm of the me'n'u2 would be significantly easier to transport and use than the 320cm of the me'n'u3, but the me'n'u3 would be significantly more showy than the me'n'u2. Our current tandem is 250cm.
Nooo, e-bikes!

Now ordered for collection week beginning 21 October. I’m almost as excited as I was when we ordered Amarillo.