Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

& I was worried about my spare wheel

Nightmare. The cost of damage is probably many times the value of tooks / gear stolen. It does make you think about where the cali is parked overnight.

Looking at our van I do not think you could get a grip to pull on the down on the door so a brick through window is more likely

We've had a spate of thefts lately, what do they do? Simply wander the estate and try doors, if your door is unlocked they empty the vehicle.

Sad thing is these things are often a small number of people and catching them will probably stop the problem in areas pretty quickly.

Nothing new in this technique for thieves. They've used it for years on cars and bands - just needs a bit more strength on a van door, and to overcome the top track mountings.

We've had a spate of thefts lately, what do they do? Simply wander the estate and try doors, if your door is unlocked they empty the vehicle.

Sad thing is these things are often a small number of people and catching them will probably stop the problem in areas pretty quickly.
20% fewer cops since 2010, very few patrolling overnight - might be a correlation there...

As the cali sides and roof are one piece of pressed steel this cannot happen
Sorry should have said T5/T6 have one piece pressed steel

Last edited:
I assume they're trying to get to Cali tables having seen the price of them on eBay ...

Back