Ice cubes

sidepod

sidepod

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Fridge question.

I've never actually tried it but does using the lower setting freeze everything or just part of the fridge?

In other words, can I have ice cubes for my mojitos and still spread the lurpak?

P.

Great question, I'm going to give it a test now ahead of a trip next week.

From earlier threads, I believe the coldest part is the bottom of the outboard side as that's next to the cooling gubbins.

On my T5 i have had ice turning up on the bottom of botlles when the fridge setting was very low.
Ice also appears on the sidewalls inside the fridge....just scrape it of ! crunched ice....
@sidepod , do you have a T5?

In my CF40 if I set it to freezing, the little upper compartment is slightly warmer, so its doable but I think it would take some experiments to get right.

That said, I would have a ton of ice and not a lot of food. Our old T25 3 way fridge has a freezer box and we always enjoy ice and a slice in those. :)

Fridge question.

I've never actually tried it but does using the lower setting freeze everything or just part of the fridge?

In other words, can I have ice cubes for my mojitos and still spread the lurpak?

P.
On a recent trip we had our SE's fridge set at level five. On one particular evening we had begun to prepare a meal only to discover a problem when we opened the fridge. Everything was pretty cold with the exception of the nice peice of steak that we had intended to cook for that nights meal. That was positioned up against the back wall of the fridge (parallel to the N/S of the van) and was frozen solid. So we had to revert to plan B, the pub!
So from the results of that incident there just may be an ultra cool spot in that location for your ice cubes.

On a recent trip we had our SE's fridge set at level five. On one particular evening we had begun to prepare a meal only to discover a problem when we opened the fridge. Everything was pretty cold with the exception of the nice peice of steak that we had intended to cook for that nights meal. That was positioned up against the back wall of the fridge (parallel to the N/S of the van) and was frozen solid. So we had to revert to plan B, the pub!
So from the results of that incident there just may be an ultra cool spot in that location for your ice cubes.

You could always try it using a filled plastic ice cube bag against the back wall.
I had my fridge set to 5 last weekend and things were slightly frozen at the bottom and there was a very thin bit of ice on the side but the basket where the thermometer hangs was 5 degrees.

Ive found it inconsistent - if you want it to freeze it won't, but anything like butter that you don't want freezing invariably does.

Ice Cube bag against lower back wall at Level 5 or above Freezes.
Coke cans in same position freeze and explode also but at Level 6.

HC, No T4 but the fridge is the same.

Test result (stage 1). Fridge on 'max' for the day: ice cubes well frozen (outside temp mid-20s today). Now turned down to 5, will see if they melt.

It freezes milk and Coke as Welsh gas says( on level 6) especially if you forget to turn it up. It is quite inconsistent

I don't see why not .ive used the back wall of the fridge to re-freeze freezer blocks for a cool bag. as long as it's pressed against the back of the fridge should be able to do it

We managed to freeze some ice cubes to the back wall of the fridge whilst camping over the weekend. I then had to cover my eyes and wince as my wife attacked them with a wooden spatula to prize them free for our sun downers.

The last time I witnessed anything like this, the implement ended up piercing the wall of our domestic fridge. Fortunately, the culprit on that occasion was the Hotpoint repair man! That fridge was rubbish anyway so we weren't that sorry to be offered a new replacement.

Back