sidepod

sidepod

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Successfully deployed these today.

IMG_2016.JPG

I hung the bag against the back wall of the fridge and set it to number 4. Nothing froze that didn't need to freeze.
On our return we celebrated with several of these....
IMG_2017.JPG
#gamechanger.

Great stuff , i like G&T's also but never preped it in the Cali .

Great recommendation! G&Ts were always our arrival night celebratory drink in the caravan, and I always used to take a flask with ice cubes in, then freeze cubes in the caravan freezer. With no freezer in the Cali, I was wondering just HOW we would cope come summer (first world problem or what?!). Now I know what to do. Hurrah! Nothing like a G&T sundowner on a lovely campsite on a sunny evening :)

Oh how wonderful! Thank you sidepod! Deffo going to try this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How did you hang it?:thumb

I clamped the edge of the bag under the wire basket.

Next job is to arrange a better hanger.

I clamped the edge of the bag under the wire basket.

Next job is to arrange a better hanger.
Would a stick on Plastic hook work with the change in Temperature?

Come on guys. It's a simple case of supporting a bag of water against the side of the fridge for a few hours.

Necessity is the mother etc....

Let's see some creativity here.

Post your solutions here.

Come on guys. It's a simple case of supporting a bag of water against the side of the fridge for a few hours.

Necessity is the mother etc....

Let's see some creativity here.

Post your solutions here.

Gaffer tape.

Otherwise, I got nuthin...

mN4J-NnEKfatCShJsH_YTtw.jpg

I'm very impressed with your choice of Gin.....not cheap, but it's my favourite by a long way.

Planning our first proper trip for this weekend in the recently purchased van, so both the G&T and the ice cube bag & coat hanger solution will definitely be on the cards I reckon. :thumb

You could use SUGRU and fashion some hooks that attach to the basket?

Currently trailing several solutions ;)

Where the stainless steel jobbies come into their own is when you want a cold beer or glass of wine and you have forgotten to put one in the fridge. Chilling without dilution.

We got some of those ice cube bags for our latest outing. Froze a bag at home and put it in the van fridge down the side of the basket against the back wall. All good so far. Put the fridge on to highest setting when we set off as I'd forgotten to turn it on to get down to temp before we left home. When we came to have our tins of ready mixed gin and tonic at about 7pm, the ice cubes were still lovely and solid ... but so were the tins of gin and tonic! Absolutely solid! If the fridge is that good, we've decided we needn't bother with ice in future. The fridge on about Level 5 gets drinks lovely and chilly with no need for actual ice! Another lesson learnt!

We got some of those ice cube bags for our latest outing. Froze a bag at home and put it in the van fridge down the side of the basket against the back wall. All good so far. Put the fridge on to highest setting when we set off as I'd forgotten to turn it on to get down to temp before we left home. When we came to have our tins of ready mixed gin and tonic at about 7pm, the ice cubes were still lovely and solid ... but so were the tins of gin and tonic! Absolutely solid! If the fridge is that good, we've decided we needn't bother with ice in future. The fridge on about Level 5 gets drinks lovely and chilly with no need for actual ice! Another lesson learnt!
But NO tinkling ice cubes! Agh!

Back