Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

If you're thinking of buying a Khyam tent - warranty doesn't cover poles and joints

Mr & Mrs B

Mr & Mrs B

One Life, Live It
Vehicle
Cali now sold
I think the title says it all. We bought a Khyan K9 tent for storage whilst on site - purchased at the NEC having been told how strong and reliable they are. We got a good show price although it was still an expensive buy, but was perfect for what we wanted to store. On our third time of using it one of the joints broke - the collar under the spring came loose. The tent could still be used, but obviously it had a broken joint, so I contacted Khyam who gave me the link to where I could buy a new joint. I pointed out we had only bought it a few months earlier and used it three times so was still under warranty. Their reply was that poles and joints are not covered by the warranty although as a 'gesture of good will' they sent us a joint free of charge. They said that joints only break through misuse or storm damage (neither was the cause of our breakage) so are not covered by the warranty. Just pointing this out in case anyone is thinking of buying one of their tents or awnings - if so, question the warranty before handing over your money!

We bought a Khyam awning in the spring, and on the second time out one of the poles broke, sending out razor sharp splinters, one of which lacerated my husband's finger. I got in touch with Khyam, and they let me return it for a full refund without any quibbles. It was a rubbish awning, but I found their customer service very good. Perhaps they were worried about him suing!

One wonders what the warranty does cover if the joints and poles are excluded!

Our Khyam motorhome had a stitching fault where it connected to the van, it took many hours of fighting to get them to even acknowledge the problem, even in the end I needed to get my credit card company involved to get a refund. There Awnings used to be very good quality but they are now bargain bucket material

Your statutory rights are not affected by the terms of any warranty.

I purchased a Khyam Compact 300 a couple of months ago. My son had had one for many years and had no problems. Putting it up in the garden one of the pole joining wires came apart.
I sent two e mails with no reply. I phoned them and as I purchased it direct they knew my details and said they would send a new pole. It never arrived.We used it for a week recently for the first time. One of the webbing guy ropes had not been stitched at the joint and we had to tie it in a knot.
My son saw it and said it was nothing like the quality of his. We had two rips / pulls.I complained and told them to take it back as unfit for purpose. The courier never arrived on the day of waiting so I rang again. They did eventually pick it up. The next day. No refund so far.
I would avoid them. We have had tents over many years with no problems but never of this low quality.

Back