Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

I'm about to stock the Cali for the first time.....

helingbury

helingbury

VIP Member
We've had our 07 Cali for a week and have been busy buying some bare essentials for our first couple of nights away. I've started thinking about where to put everything and would really appreciate knowing how all you experienced people pack the kitchen area!

How do you store things so they aren't sliding around and rattling? Particularly plates and wine glasses!

If anyone is willing to post pictures I would love to see them!

Thanks
H
x

H there is a thread here regarding useful Ikea items, you may find some of those items help with storage.

We have food etc in the left cupboard under the cooker, plats etc under the sink.

Also we recently bought some Fiamma seat back storage which are very useful and well priced.

The cupboard above the rear section carries toiletries, towels (when dry) toilet paper etc.

We use some plastic boxes in the boot which were a great tip from Oli. They are made by the really useful box company and available in Hobby Craft shops.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi H
We store similar to Stu :-
We have non-slip matting on all shelves.
Plates, cups etc we put in a bowl which we put under the sink on the floor, there's enough space alongside the bowl to put the essential travel kettle and teapot. You can then use the decent sized bowl for washing up on site where facilities allow. Pans and various other sundries on the shelf under the sink (we have the pan set which stores inside each other)
Food tins etc go under the hob on the floor with (gas) kettle, cereal box, tea caddy on the shelf.
Towels (travel towels) , bed clothes and underwear in the drop down rear cupboard, other clothes in the drawer and wardrobe.
We have the multi coloured collapsable storage baskets, you see everywhere, for storing items in the boot(you can get three alongside each other - handy for storing beer and wine bottles securely especially when returning from foreign trips).

You'll soon find there's plenty of storage space, more so than other conversions and find places to suit you.

Enjoy the van

Hubert

Back