Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

** Important News: New Vehicle Registrations on Hold

Hi all. Our first post after joining a short while ago. We recently placed a deposit on a new Ocean which is already at our local dealership. We are advised we cannot collect the vehicle until a long awaited software update has been carried out which will take 5 days to complete. We are told VW won't allow the dealer to even register the vehicle until this has been carried out. It is a late 2017 build by all accounts. Our contact is rather vague regarding offering any info as to what this software update relates to. Is this a general update and if so does anyone here know what it concerns ? Thanks for any info, appreciated.
Welcome!
It's all in the post that @PhillyWilly linked but there is a lot of baggage in that thread. EDIT....your thread is now moved/merged to this thread which is on topic but I don't think it should have been because there will be a lot of software questions in future and many of these will come from owners not affected by delivery delays.
But in a nutshell, it's to address an emissions issue.
Prior to December 2017 the T6 figures claimed on MPG & CO2 emissions were discovered within VW to be inaccurate.
They raised the findings voluntarily with the KBA and all deliveries and builds were stopped until a solution was found.
The first part of the solution was to amend the claimed figures about MPG and CO2 and the 2nd part is the software update.
Some engine / gearbox combinations are more affected than others but its a bit of a cloudy area. I understand the worst is 150 manual.
To my knowledge, nobody yet has evaluated whether a van pre the software update has any noticeably different driving characteristics than a post software update.

Enjoy your Cali!!

Last edited:
Welcome!
It's all in the post that @PhillyWilly linked but there is a lot of baggage in that thread. EDIT....your thread is now moved/merged to this thread which is on topic but I don't think it should have been because there will be a lot of software questions in future and many of these will come from owners not affected by delivery delays.
But in a nutshell, it's to address an emissions issue.
Prior to December 2017 the T6 figures claimed on MPG & CO2 emissions were discovered within VW to be inaccurate.
They raised the findings voluntarily with the KBA and all deliveries and builds were stopped until a solution was found.
The first part of the solution was to amend the claimed figures about MPG and CO2 and the 2nd part is the software update.
Some engine / gearbox combinations are more affected than others but its a bit of a cloudy area. I understand the worst is 150 manual.
To my knowledge, nobody yet has evaluated whether a van pre the software update has any noticeably different driving characteristics than a post software update.

Enjoy your Cali!!

Aha, yes, I have since browsed the forum and read quite a lot of posts on that thread, thank you. As a new member, and shortly a 1st time VW / Cali owner, it is all new to me so I apologise for asking the question before searching the forum for an answer. Fortunately the dealer we have bought from has loaned us a new Caddyvan whilst the Cali is being prepared and its software updated ready for us to collect at the end of the month. I hope we can look forward to a wonderful trouble free ownership from there on, we are excited at what our future holds with it.

Hello everyone, the stay in this room also ends for me. After almost six months today I managed to bring my dream home ...
What to say is beautiful, much more than I imagined, comfortable, fast and quiet, roomy and bright.
Now a few days to organize what you need and on Saturday we leave for a trial weekend !!
Thank you all for your numerous tips and encouragement !!

What a lovely message :D

You have had to endure frustration, incompetence and unwarranted delay but the brightness of your smile today can be seen from the moon. I hope we have many more happy messages of your travels and adventures,

photo.php

There he is !!
But how beautiful is it ??

Is there anyone out there who has still not received their £250 vouchers?
We have contacted vw customer don't care services and they said we have to get in touch with our dealer.
Has anyone else been told this and had to do this before they got them?

We have contacted vw customer don't care services and they said we have to get in touch with our dealer.

The vouchers have nothing to do with the dealer! They have come directly from VWCS.
Did you receive a letter from VW prior to completing your purchase telling you that if you chose to go ahead with your order you would get the vouchers?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We never had a letter from VW asking if we wanted to proceed with the purchase.
I have again been in touch with vwcs and told them the vouchers are nothing to do with the dealer and they have looked into the matter and said we will be getting the vouchers soon.
I have a feeling if I had not been in touch we wouldn't have got them.
The chap who dealt with it said he would ring back and he actually did!

We never had a letter from VW asking if we wanted to proceed with the purchase.
I have again been in touch with vwcs and told them the vouchers are nothing to do with the dealer and they have looked into the matter and said we will be getting the vouchers soon.
I have a feeling if I had not been in touch we wouldn't have got them.
The chap who dealt with it said he would ring back and he actually did!

Good to hear that. Keep on at them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I haven’t had the vouchers yet, but I’ve been away a lot and I have got a missed recorded delivery note from Royal Mail, it could be them....

Anyone not received vouchers yet, please don't be fobbed off with the "speak to your dealership" line, the vouchers are coming from HQ in Milton Keynes. I'm certainly hoping that everyone got them, going by the date on the last post!
Glad everyone got sorted eventually, and hope you enjoy the Cali's, Caravelles and Shuttles!

Back