Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

importing POI in Discover media nav system

CALIBEACH83

CALIBEACH83

Vehicle
T6 Beach 102
hello ,

As i'm planning my first long trip with the California beach .I would like to import a number of campsites in my navigation system .
which file format does the navigation system need to get the POI's imported through an SD card ?
http://www.furgovw.org/mapa_furgoperfecto/
I can't get a carnet account as the front page of the belgian car net page requestes you to select the car you own from a list .
A California or multivan is not on the list

list_models.jpg

hello ,

As i'm planning my first long trip with the California beach .I would like to import a number of campsites in my navigation system .
which file format does the navigation system need to get the POI's imported through an SD card ?
http://www.furgovw.org/mapa_furgoperfecto/
I can't get a carnet account as the front page of the belgian car net page requestes you to select the car you own from a list .
A California or multivan is not on the list

View attachment 19183
Have a try at registering on this link

https://www.volkswagen-car-net.com/portal/en_GB/web/gb/create-profile

Mike

I use carnet to upload and have not tried to use an SD card other than fur media.

mike,

The registration worked . thanks !
Excellent. There is an app as well. I use the Apple one and it has a couple of useful features. Hopefully over time it will improve.

Mike

I use carnet to upload and have not tried to use an SD card other than fur media.
OK - I've made good progress. I've managed to convert the database to the VW format, and have successfully uploaded the database to the navigation system via an SD card.

I have selected the eight categories of aire from the bottom of the POIs menu in the settings. However, so far I have been unsuccessful in seeing the aires displayed on the navigation screen. I have also been unsuccessful in choosing an aire to navigate to.

In short, the data is there but so far I have been unable to view it on screen.

In short, the data is there but so far I have been unable to view it on screen.
After much messing about, and several false starts, I have managed to do it. The entire database of 20,126 aires across Europe, many of them free, have been put on an SD card and downloaded onto my Composition Media navigation system. With the correct options selected they can be viewed on screen at 3 mile zoom with an icon depicting the type of aire.

Been able to get hold of and import the Points of Interest for the C&CC but can't seem to find them for the Caravan & Motorhome Club. Anyone know if they exist and if so where they are.

Edit: Found them and imported into Satnav

Mike

Last edited:
Been able to get hold of and import the Points of Interest for the C&CC but can't seem to find them for the Caravan & Motorhome Club. Anyone know if they exist and if so where they are.

Edit: Found them and imported into Satnav

Mike
Archie's and ASCI also have POI files in a format to suit most SatNavs.

Archie's have 32,000 covering ALL continental countries and includes all the C&CC and C&MH sites. ASCI do by country or a Total Europe file.

Archie's and ASCI also have POI files in a format to suit most SatNavs.

Archie's have 32,000 covering ALL continental countries and includes all the C&CC and C&MH sites. ASCI do by country or a Total Europe file.
Thanks. I have the Apps and have joined ASCI. I really like leaving home and just finding a site nearby wherever we happen to be. Joined both clubs now and got the Wild Camping POI files.

I have always had s plan and I now love leaving home without one other than finding the sun.
I will have a look at getting the POI files and importing them.

Edit: found them

http://www.archiescampings.eu/by-countries_eng/

Mike

Could some one do an idiots guide to mporting POIs we have the discover media but my knowledge on how to do it is non existent. Belong to c&cc,c & my and asci but not the foggiest how to import it to the van.

Could some one do an idiots guide to mporting POIs we have the discover media but my knowledge on how to do it is non existent. Belong to c&cc,c & my and asci but not the foggiest how to import it to the van.
Will need a bit of time to do some screen shots etc. but yep.

I do mine via carnet and wifi. I'm guessing most do it via an SD card so would be guessing with this method.

Mike

Hopefully I've just loaded a PDF

Mike

Attachments

• How to add Points Of Interest (POI) to Discover Media Satnav.pdf
    631.8 KB · Views: 314
Last edited:
That's very helpful Mike, pick up Cali next weekend so that's one less thing to try and fugure out

Mike, can you let me know what fields (columns) of data can be imported into Discover Media and in what order should they be in please?
I have a comprehensive database of the Aires etc. that we have used over the years made using MS Access but it has lots of fields so I guess that I cannot import many of them.

Rod

Mike, can you let me know what fields (columns) of data can be imported into Discover Media and in what order should they be in please?
I have a comprehensive database of the Aires etc. that we have used over the years made using MS Access but it has lots of fields so I guess that I cannot import many of them.

Rod
Hi Rod. Most of the ones that I've imported are csv files. Screenshot as below.

e2c9473c16772490cc4e2a88eed06697.png

Mike

Thanks Mike, as I see that it's just Longitude - Latitude - Address etc.

Rod

A big shout of THANKS to Mike for his instructions on importing POIs to Discover Media.
I had spent hours trying to follow VWs short versions and couldnt get them anywhere near.

I have managed to now load a file and even see the Welsh Water logo with it, but try as a might, I cannot see the POIs on the map or find how to search for them.
So questions if I may,
Similar to Garmin, should the data file and the JPeg have the same name different extension.
I have the data file named as DCWW.csv and the icon as DCWW.jpg.
I am wondering if I have only loaded the JPeg as i cannot find the.
Many thanks
Adrian

Hi Adrian. I'm presuming you've imported them into your Satnav. If so you should then select the categories you wish to display on your map as per the last step in the PDF.

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Hi Adrian. I'm presuming you've imported them into your Satnav. If so you should then select the categories you wish to display on your map as per the last step in the PDF.

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Hi yes, I've got as far as selecting the poi and the logo is there and displays at the top of the page when box is checked. I've tried searching for the poi and also looked for them at various scales on the map.
That's why I am wondering if the actual data has imported correctly. I'm using Csv as a copy from my garmin files.

Adrian

Hi yes, I've got as far as selecting the poi and the logo is there and displays at the top of the page when box is checked. I've tried searching for the poi and also looked for them at various scales on the map.
That's why I am wondering if the actual data has imported correctly. I'm using Csv as a copy from my garmin files.

Adrian
Probably best to eliminate the obvious. If you PM your email I will sent you a file and image I use on mine and I know work on mine. I use .csv files most of the time.

Mike

Probably best to eliminate the obvious. If you PM your email I will sent you a file and image I use on mine and I know work on mine. I use .csv files most of the time.

Mike

tried to PM but keep getting error report.

this is how i have file set up in Excel as a CSV
;Longitude Latitude Name Address 1
-4.2468 53.32142 Brynteg;
-3.8396 53.23004 Rowen Memorial Hall;
-3.82101 53.22979 Beekeepers

Back