Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Inca seat covers prevent folding rear headrests

C

Caliburt

VIP Member
It may just be me but has anyone else found they cannot fold down their rear headrests to set up the bed when the inca seat cover is fitted? Just taken delivery of these and apart from this they seem great!

Caliburt said:
It may just be me but has anyone else found they cannot fold down their rear headrests to set up the bed when the inca seat cover is fitted? Just taken delivery of these and apart from this they seem great!

Hi

I don't have that problem. Do you have a seat cover that has the headrest cover as part of the main seat cover.? The individual headrest covers certainly don't or shouldn't cause you a problem.

Andy

Thanks for your replies. They have separate head rest covers, but when I fold down they oly o half way and then the cover restricts them going down further, I think I need to have a fiddle about and try and create more slack on the back.

Caliburt said:
Thanks for your replies. They have separate head rest covers, but when I fold down they oly o half way and then the cover restricts them going down further, I think I need to have a fiddle about and try and create more slack on the back.
The head rest covers fit very neatly round the headrest, should be no restrictions so they can slide up and down.

The issue is with the main cover at the back, not the actual headrest over. When you fold down the headrest the rectangular plate creates a lot of strain on the material and only by really pulling the cover down as you fold it will prevent it from jamming (or ripping). I assume there were no changes to the rear seats and headrests in the facelift model? If not it may be mine were a bad set, I will get in touch with Inca to discuss.

Ours are a title stiff for the reasons you mention.

I gave the seat cover a bit of a pull about and seems ok now, although the headrest does require a reasonably firm push.

Hi, I just fitted the Inka covers (grey) and have the same problem with the rear headrests. Grateful if you could let me know what they say.

We only have the Inka rear mattress cover which fits well - the rest are VW OEM ones and they are fine. Only issue is the front seat ones tend to slip off a bit. Not bad as we got them for "free"

Ditto! Ours were also a bit stiff but now they've been used a bit they've slackened off.

I had the same issue, my good lady set to work extending the recess for the folded headrest, ours had actually started to tear. She machined in some additional piping after cutting downwards towards the floor a little further.....the rear of the cover is a little loser than original but no further risk of tearing; the cover still fits perfectly.

Hello,
I recently purchased a set of said covers and have the same problem. The headrests will only fold down half way and it looks like any further and they will tear the corner of the material which doesn't look like it is reinforced to take the strain. Did you get a response from Inka? I am awaiting a set of larger front headrest covers as the ones they sent were too small to fit my 2014 Cali.

I have a 2013 Cali and Inca seat covers, the rear cover on both seat and headrests fitted perfectly and have no problems at all.

Ours are pretty stiff, but we don't use the downstairs bed very often.

I too recently purchased these covers and have found that when folding down the rear seat headrests there is severe pressure on the seat cover when the headrest is folded more than halfway. Cover has
been fitted in compliance with the instructions and no amount of fiddling has resolved the issue. Have e mailed Inca (Auto-Kit) who responded stating they would modify the cover or give a full refund if not satisfied.
I am very happy with the covers and have e mailed stating that I would return the rear seat cover for modification or they could send me a modified one for trial.
Having not heard from them for 10 days I have asked how the matter now stands and await a reply. :cry:

Hi Norm,
Inka haven't exactly rushed to replace the undersized head rests I returned!
Please let me know the outcome of your discussions re the modified cover.
I shall no doubt go down the same route!
Thanks
Steve

UPDATE. I have now received a full set of the modified seat covers for my 2013 registered (2014 model) Cali SE. The modification was to allow the rear headrests to fold back into the seat recess without putting pressure on the material and was achieved by Inca inserting elastic at the appropriate locations. I am now completely satisfied with the seat covers and have no hesitation in recommending them.
I found Tom Quilty with whom I dealt with at Auto-Kit to be very helpful. Many thanks Tom. :goodone