Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

?Incorrect fit Comfortz 1" replacement mattress/zonesleeper?

calimera

calimera

Vehicle
Cali now sold
Dear All,

Just fitted above with the intention of leaving the zonesleeper in situ when we lower the top. It seems the zonesleeper appears a bit too wide at the shallow end of the upstairs bed, and so overlaps the adjacent metal box section. That's before popping the corner retaining elastics under the mattress which seem to pull the corners up too.

We've not tried closing the roof as a bit paranoid may not be clearance required over these corner structures. Anyone with this combo have the same situation or a different fit? We'd be grateful for any feedback as too scared to close with zonesleeper in situ which kind of defeats the whole object of those Comfortz mattresses for us.

Original mattress:
IMG_7156.JPG

Replaced with Comfortz 1" for extra space:
IMG_7153.JPG

Zonesleeper up to box section margins, about 2" short of end:
IMG_7157.JPG

Zonesleeper fully overlying mattress, overlapping adjacent metal box section:
IMG_7166.JPG

Before and after photos to show how corner elastics pull mattress up:
IMG_7169.JPG
IMG_7168.JPG

Thanks all

I'll have a look at mine next time I pop the roof. From memory I seem to remember that I didn't use the elastic for this reason and just make sure mattress is pulled forward and in situ at the front before closing the roof. Haven't had a problem. I will though have a closer look.

Mike

I'll have a look at mine next time I pop the roof. From memory I seem to remember that I didn't use the elastic for this reason and just make sure mattress is pulled forward and in situ at the front before closing the roof. Haven't had a problem. I will though have a closer look.

Mike

Thanks Mike.
Just spoke to shop.
It should fit exactly over the small mattress. Offered to collect & refund. No toppers due for 8 weeks. So will keep for now & just remove each time before closing roof.

Quick response from shop :
"I've checked with zonesleep and they've all been manufactured like this in the past and they advise pulling the mattress forward slightly when closing the roof to avoid it riding up onto the metal box section."

Zonesleep not exact fit over comfort replacement 1 "mattress ,pulled back as suggested before closing roof .

Pleased to report much better night sleep then with VW original mattress . No aching shoulders/back. Camping at heritage coastal campsite. Wet morning but sat in front of wood burner in their cafe ,coffee & pastries , bliss . Stroll to pub down the road ( 5minutes) for lunch later.

Back