Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Indents on awning

Jennie

Jennie

VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Motorhome
hi. My awning has several indents on it. The Canvas is stretched but not pieced. It has 3 rows of indentations running from nearest the van to the outside edge. Each row is slightly differently shaped. They are deepest nearest the van and less Indented towards the edge.
I assume there is some debris, probably small sticks, rolled up inside the canvas.? How can I get inside the canvas casing to remove them. It is a 2001 California with a factory fitted awning. Any ideas gratefully received. Thanks. Jennie.

roll it right out and give it a clean / wipe - the debris will by science roll out with the awning ?

As above, if you're lucky the bits will stick to the roller and end up underneath, otherwise you been a broom and a step-up.

Thanks. Tried that & no luck. It seems stuff must be inside the metal awning case? Is that possible?

Thanks very much. I assume I need to remove the awning from the van to get a good look along it’s whole length or is it possible to see inside well enough from a ladder or. ???? Thanks again jennie

Thanks very much. I assume I need to remove the awning from the van to get a good look along it’s whole length or is it possible to see inside well enough from a ladder or. ???? Thanks again jennie
you dont need to take it off - get your henry hoover in there

Back