Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Independent VW service centre in Peterborough.

Raggedroy

Raggedroy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Does anyone know of or recommend a good independent VW service centre in the Peterborough area. My confidence is very low in my local van centre.

It's a little way out of Peterborough, but have you considered the VW dealership at Bury St Edmunds? I haven't used them yet but will do when the time comes as I bought Ariadne from them and there are some good reviews of their service department elsewhere on the forum I believe.

It's a little way out of Peterborough, but have you considered the VW dealership at Bury St Edmunds? I haven't used them yet but will do when the time comes as I bought Ariadne from them and there are some good reviews of their service department elsewhere on the forum I believe.
I'm still trying to decide what to do. its a toss up between paying VW rates at a main dealer which will help with resale value, for a rushed, commission base job (the only way the mechanic can earn a decent wage) or an independent service centre, not commission based, cheaper rates, possibly a better job but could have an impact on resale value.

I'm still trying to decide what to do. its a toss up between paying VW rates at a main dealer which will help with resale value, for a rushed, commission base job (the only way the mechanic can earn a decent wage) or an independent service centre, not commission based, cheaper rates, possibly a better job but could have an impact on resale value.
Don't forget parts fitted by VW have a 2yr warranty.
You can always find somewhere cheaper, but which parts do they use or fluids. There are good Independents there are also good Dealerships. But you may have to travel to find either.

Vindis Northampton? They collected mine from Bedford for no additional charge.

Does anyone know of or recommend a good independent VW service centre in the Peterborough area. My confidence is very low in my local van centre.
I was not at all impressed when we tried to purchase a vehicle from Peterborough so ended up going elsewhere. I live near Norwich but use Bury vw and have had great service from them. They come & collect my beach & leave me with a caddy maxi so I can fit all the car seats in easily in unlike Norwich who tried to lend me a 2 seater caddy when I have 3 children to transport!!

Worth giving them a ring with your location & see what they can do to help you. I live 1 hour away from Bury vw but I think one of their staff members lives in this direction so don't know if that makes it more feasible for them.

I've been getting on reasonably well with Peterborough Van Centre, they seem to be trying very hard to please right now and are very sensitive about adverse comments when VW customer service phones up to check out your experience.

Back