Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

INKA Car Cover Skins

LRGS253

LRGS253

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
After 3 trips in the van the grey seats are marked. What do people think about INKA car skin covers.

After 3 trips in the van the grey seats are marked. What do people think about INKA car skin covers.
If you mean the fitted waterproof seat covers. They are cheap, functional, waterproof, slightly ill fitting, rather agricultural loooking. I haven’t seen anything else I like enough to spend many hundreds on yet. My preference was to get leather fitted and I got the Inka’s to fill the gap and haven’t bothered upgrading yet.

If you mean the fitted waterproof seat covers. They are cheap, functional, waterproof, slightly ill fitting, rather agricultural loooking. I haven’t seen anything else I like enough to spend many hundreds on yet. My preference was to get leather fitted and I got the Inka’s to fill the gap and haven’t bothered upgrading yet.

FC64731D-C7F4-4BC0-9788-7B90BE533139.png

You can put them in the washing machine. We had ours on our first Cali for nearly five years yes they got a bit battered and were baggy but the seats remained in perfect condition underneath. Just bought a set for the new Cali.

The INKA grey 'loose fit' covers - as California4x4 is referring to above - are cheap(ish) and not particularly cheerful but they do the job, ie protect the seats from muck and gunk. We've had them in our Cali for about four years now and I'm quite happy with them for what they do. By that I mean I'm happy for the spaniel to sprawl on them after one of her bog-snorkelling expeditions** and they can then be hosed down back at home.

Aesthetically, you have to be your own judge.

** [EDIT] you get the idea...
1596737727961.png

I have both the cloth Inkas (good value and a smart colour scheme) and the waterproof ones which work exactly as required.

I was very lucky to get a set of the blue stripy Inkas through a very kind free cycle here. I think the orig owner had enjoyed good use out of them and I'm enoying them too. I've owned brandrup 2nd skins in the past and the ownership experience is similar.

Have posted a few times on these - do a search - but I have Inka second skins and IMHO they are excellent. Different design to the blue ones shown above but excellent quality, fit and look. Some people pay huge money for seat covers, Brandrup / Jackyards etc. Each to their own but for me these are the way to go. BTW, had the Inka waterproofs previously - do the job and I get it if you’ve got a wet, smelly dog but otherwise not fit for a Cali (MHO again, but there you go).

They look very smart & would be my choice too.

I would like to add my experience of Inka. We ordered a full set of covers for our 2021 Cali on 8 November 2021 which arrived about a week later. Whilst the quality was good the fabric colour did not match the colour on the website so we returned them and asked for a different design. The website promised to refund the return carriage but Inka refused. It is now 17 Feb 2022 and the replacement covers arrive today - 3 and a half months after placing the original order! AND they sent the wrong size headrest covers after speficically checking we would receive the smaller type B model. I would echo other people's comments here - items show in stock when they are not. I suspect the covers are made overseas and take ages to come to the UK. Response times to email enquiries are painfully slow and the phone number is not monitored. Truly terrible. I would pay extra and buy from elsewhere.

Back