Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Inka seat covers - delivery?

J

Jan J

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
I placed an order in December for Inka Second Skin seat covers. Showed in stock when I ordered and still showing in stock but not yet been delivered. Is anyone else having difficulties with delivery date or contact from company?

I placed an order in December for Inka Second Skin seat covers. Showed in stock when I ordered and still showing in stock but not yet been delivered. Is anyone else having difficulties with delivery date or contact from company?
I ordered some waterproof Inca covers a few days ago. Early days but no order update yet.

Not for me.... ordered the waterproof covers on the 15th Jan. Arrived within a week.

I ordered through their eBay site yesterday and they arrived this morning. Super-prompt.

I ordered through their eBay site yesterday and they arrived this morning. Super-prompt.
That’s good and reassuring! Will chase again next week. Maybe need to cancel and reorder.

I ordered through Amazon. 2 days and I have them, but no van yet! LOL

Thanks. Hope you get your van soon. We have a van but can’t go anywhere.... hopefully not too long.

I would like to add my experience of Inka. We ordered a full set of covers for our 2021 Cali on 8 November 2021 which arrived about a week later. Whilst the quality was good the fabric colour did not match the colour on the website so we returned them and asked for a different design. The website promised to refund the return carriage but Inka refused. It is now 17 Feb 2022 and the replacement covers arrive today - 3 and a half months after placing the original order! AND they sent the wrong size headrest covers after speficically checking we would receive the smaller type B model. I would echo other people's comments here - items show in stock when they are not. I suspect the covers are made overseas and take ages to come to the UK. Response times to email enquiries are painfully slow and the phone number is not monitored. Truly terrible. I would pay extra and buy from elsewhere.

That’s why the shop stopped dealing with them they moved production overseas and the quality dropped so much we stopped selling them

I so wish that I had read the trust pilot reviews before ordering from INKA over 50% BAD. All follow the same theme great quality but extremely bad communication. I place an order a number of weeks ago for an ‘in stock’ set of covers with a 3-5 day deliver. Try to telephone them and all you get is a recoded message saying that due to covid they are not answering telephone calls (That excuse is starting to wear a little thin). I emailed them this morning requesting cancellation and am awaiting a reply (the email has been read - a read receipt generated) - fortunately I paid using PayPay which will be my next move (raising a dispute) if they continue to ignore me.

I so wish that I had read the trust pilot reviews before ordering from INKA over 50% BAD. All follow the same theme great quality but extremely bad communication. I place an order a number of weeks ago for an ‘in stock’ set of covers with a 3-5 day deliver. Try to telephone them and all you get is a recoded message saying that due to covid they are not answering telephone calls (That excuse is starting to wear a little thin). I emailed them this morning requesting cancellation and am awaiting a reply (the email has been read - a read receipt generated) - fortunately I paid using PayPay which will be my next move (raising a dispute) if they continue to ignore me.
Been tempted with these a few times, but always put off by these stories. Assume you bought from eBay as you mentioned paypal? I wonder if the Amazon buying experience is the same?

No, I bought from their website https://www.inkacorp.com/ - I always wherever possible use PayPal, it gives a level of protection unmatched especially in circumstances like this.

I ordered a set of the the second skin seat covers and had a similar experience. The website showed in stock 3-5 day delivery. I got the same recorded message and unanswered emails after days turned to weeks with no delivery. I even threatened for a refund, which in fairness to them they did say they would honour - that was one of the few emails they did answer, the others giving a revised delivery date.

I begrudgingly waited and the seat covers finally arrived two months later. I would say they are of exceptional quality and reasonably good value for money. The customer service, however, is exceptionally poor quality.

I know it will leave a bad taste but I would wait it out because the next comparable set of seat covers are about £150 more. In addition the Inka covers also come with two cushions.

I ordered a set of the the second skin seat covers and had a similar experience. The website showed in stock 3-5 day delivery. I got the same recorded message and unanswered emails after days turned to weeks with no delivery. I even threatened for a refund, which in fairness to them they did say they would honour - that was one of the few emails they did answer, the others giving a revised delivery date.

I begrudgingly waited and the seat covers finally arrived two months later. I would say they are of exceptional quality and reasonably good value for money. The customer service, however, is exceptionally poor quality.

I know it will leave a bad taste but I would wait it out because the next comparable set of seat covers are about £150 more. In addition the Inka covers also come with two cushions.
Wow, we must’ve gotten lucky. We ordered ours on 9 May and they were shipped on 20 May. And this included requesting custom headrests for our 2005 T5 (their standard is only the new headrest style from 2014?(?) and up). They arrived here in Canada on the 25th and already installed. I have to say I’m actually pretty happy with the quality of the product.

C5EC3F75-F533-47FB-851C-DE6C8132B776.jpeg40E1A8A0-2F3C-4543-B80C-1C9C89BB92DA.jpeg

Sadly I am reading the thread all to late as previous experiences with INKA had gone well. This time round, no joy, no communication and no refund in sight.

We also had a terrible experience with Inka, in the end we had to contact our bank to get our money back via way of a chargeback.

I corresponded before ordering; they said 10 days before dispatch on the waterproof covers. They were pretty communicative on email

Wish I’d found this thread sooner! Having a problem with Inka and their broken promises to deliver the headrest covers these left out of set of waterproof seat covers. Every email from them says they’ll send them in a week as they’re out of stock of the fabric due to high demand. It’s now been nearly 3 months…

Back