Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Inka seat covers

Hi there all, has anyone purchased the Inka fitted seat covers? Worth the money? Selling for £245 on eBay.
The eBay inkas are probably T5 with smaller headrest covers (pre-2013 I think). Inka have a real supply problem.
There's a few other threads on waterproof seat covers on the forum. There are genuine VW ones on eBay (plain) or VW dealers are now selling a set of covers embroidered with Ocean or Beach about £199, which you may be able to negotiate over if you're buying a new Cali.

the genuine vw ones are made by inka

I think the original post is about the Second Skin type covers, not the grey waterproof ones. Shame they only come in the beach colour.

The eBay inkas are probably T5 with smaller headrest covers (pre-2013 I think). Inka have a real supply problem.
There's a few other threads on waterproof seat covers on the forum. There are genuine VW ones on eBay (plain) or VW dealers are now selling a set of covers embroidered with Ocean or Beach about £199, which you may be able to negotiate over if you're buying a new Cali.

Many thanks for this, a great help. I'm buying second hand, well 2016, so don't have the dealer option unfortunately. I'll look those up :)

I think the original post is about the Second Skin type covers, not the grey waterproof ones. Shame they only come in the beach colour.
These are also made by inka. The last lot we had off them fell well below standard quality wise partly due to them switching production to India they had a few issues

These are also made by inka.
I've seen some T6 OEM waterproof covers recently and they did feel different to the INKAs I've seen and owned. I did share your view Kev, but I'm not sure if they have changed supplier too.

Inka still make the vw waterproof covers we tried to negotiate with inka but they didn't want to know. Maybe on Vw's say so

Thanks for all this info but I'm still curious if anyone has purchased the Inka Second Skin covers, and if they think they're worth the money?

They're selling for £245 on eBay. The photos for them look superb, but the reality is often different.

I messaged them, unfortunately they are not air bag compatible, so that's me out.

I purchased a set and have them fitted. They come with a label that says air bag on one side. I suspect a full on side impact is the only true test, though I intend to drive carefully enough to never have that happen. The Risk vs Benefit balance is a personal choice.

As far as fitting goes, all very easy with the exception of the bench seat. That took me about an hour to wrestle with due to the drawer beneath, but they're well worth it. The protection, comfort and superb fit make them well worth the money.

I'd recommend them for sure.

I've just had a set of brand new genuine Vw ones delivered for £99 including delivery for my T6 Ocean off eBay.
Can find a link to the seller if it helps?

I've just had a set of brand new genuine Vw ones delivered for £99 including delivery for my T6 Ocean off eBay.
Can find a link to the seller if it helps?

I have the Inka waterprood ones at the moment thanks, was hoping to upgrade to a Second Skin type cover.

The Brandrup ones are not water proof but have been Air Bag tested, I believe the Inka Second Skins are waterproof but not Air Bag tested.

Nothing's perfect :)

The Inka second skins aren't waterproof, but the fabric is really thick so they'll definitely provide superb protection.

By not being waterproof they'll breath so will be a lot more comfortable.

hello La-th ,they covers look great what year is your van ,I like the colour but was wondering if they'll fit the T5 cali 2007 plate

I would like to add my experience of Inka. We ordered a full set of covers for our 2021 Cali on 8 November 2021 which arrived about a week later. Whilst the quality was good the fabric colour did not match the colour on the website so we returned them and asked for a different design. The website promised to refund the return carriage but Inka refused. It is now 17 Feb 2022 and the replacement covers arrive today - 3 and a half months after placing the original order! AND they sent the wrong size headrest covers after speficically checking we would receive the smaller type B model. I would echo other people's comments here - items show in stock when they are not. I suspect the covers are made overseas and take ages to come to the UK. Response times to email enquiries are painfully slow and the phone number is not monitored. Truly terrible. I would pay extra and buy from elsewhere.